Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#171 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:10 pm

Notice the Review says 100 games a disk and improved grafix and texture filters.. for the 100 game disks.. yet rand said they scraped that just made it for 1 game disks.. So the story about They had to cut it back to only run the 3 games looks bogus.. I think the thought if they only did 1 game per disk they not get sued by all the other companys.. anyways nice stuff SMItH..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#172 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:26 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Notice the Review says 100 games a disk and improved grafix and texture filters.. for the 100 game disks.. yet rand said they scraped that just made it for 1 game disks.. So the story about They had to cut it back to only run the 3 games looks bogus.. I think the thought if they only did 1 game per disk they not get sued by all the other companys.. anyways nice stuff SMItH..

(source: https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=70479 )
Rand wrote:Given time and incentive, anything can be pirated.

Games for mass-market devices are typically launched by large companies with huge multi-million dollar initial sell-ins -- more than enough to recoup most costs, and well beyond the concerns of casual piracy.

Infact, the people hurt most by piracy are the tiny companies and independents -- of which, you'll surely note, there are fewer and fewer... and fewer.

That b!DC hasn't been stolen yet is certainly surprising -- but not nearly as much of a mystery as to why people are still trying to do so.

Anyone who still believes that there's a hidden "universal" emulator either hasn't listened or is too naieve to understand why it isn't so.

Rand.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#173 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:40 pm

Yet in interview he said if they made the 100 game pak version and it would not enhance the games right in his interview that they had that running lol so to quote him self lol

So he had the un emulator but said he decided to make an enhanced to suit each game.. There is many Uni emulators The blue beta plays over 200 games and is 30% complete lol

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#174 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:46 pm

lol now you are seeing the point of this thread.
there are way too many inconsistencies and falsehoods in the bleem! interviews, forum posts, press releases, etc.
once you think you have found something new about bleem!, then you find the contrary.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#175 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:50 pm

SMiTH wrote:lol now you are seeing the point of this thread.
there are way too many inconsistencies and falsehoods in the bleem! interviews, forum posts, press releases, etc.
once you think you have found something new about bleem!, then you find the contrary.

I can see that now.. leads me to suspect that Rand online is not always the same Rand We all know bleem can run more then one game there is saying it cant lmao

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#176 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:53 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I can see that now.. leads me to suspect that Rand online is not always the same Rand We all know bleem can run more then one game there is saying it cant lmao

I don't think rand was different online and irl per se. I think it all boils down to bleem! being a small company and their product rapidly changing. The betas obviously worked for 100s of games.. but were not up to bleem! standards nor near the perfection that was desired. They wanted bleemcast to be 100 percent compatible with each game.

As far as a universal emulator, more than likely the later betas worked with many games. *e3 beta? and as we all know the blue beta even at 30 percent completion has already been shown to work with 100s of games..albeit not all games run without issues. it is a great emulator even at a mere 30 percent complete state.

i still find all of this stuff to be interesting..
i have no idea when the digging will stop.
the rabbit hole goes deep..
bleem! is quite an enigma.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#177 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:46 pm

SMiTH wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:I can see that now.. leads me to suspect that Rand online is not always the same Rand We all know bleem can run more then one game there is saying it cant lmao

I don't think rand was different online and irl per se. I think it all boils down to bleem! being a small company and their product rapidly changing. The betas obviously worked for 100s of games.. but were not up to bleem! standards nor near the perfection that was desired. They wanted bleemcast to be 100 percent compatible with each game.

As far as a universal emulator, more than likely the later betas worked with many games. *e3 beta? and as we all know the blue beta even at 30 percent completion has already been shown to work with 100s of games..albeit not all games run without issues. it is a great emulator even at a mere 30 percent complete state.

i still find all of this stuff to be interesting..
i have no idea when the digging will stop.
the rabbit hole goes deep..
bleem! is quite an enigma.

It is Dont give up :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#178 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:38 pm

Yeah, even though it is only about 30% complete, the beta allows us so many more nice 3D games to be played on DC. So the way I always looked at Bleem Beta, was as some sort of homebrew thing. We may not get any more new 3D games, but many could be discovered to run from the beta emu. So for me that was always the appeal.

IF and WHEN JC is able to fully remove protections from the retails, maybe they will be beneficial to look at for getting more games working. The compatibility list I started back in 2011 over 9 years ago, I still go back to reading the list just wishing I had a way to play them again. It wasn't a lot, but the few that worked ran great. I just have no way to test more of those games out since my system has no disc drive. Hopefully some day JC will get back to us. We have been left hanging for a year now anticipating the next big breakthrough with Bleem, but instead of that we at least got the amazing Bleemshell. Which imho is just as huge of a development for the community.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#179 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:42 pm

Well said, Anthony! That has been where I have been with Bleem! It really is a god-send for use Dreamcast fans who want to play something we did NOT get originally on Dreamcast.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#180 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:12 am

Yes i agree megavolt85's bleem shell was the best release scene project last year quite amazing