NEW BREAKTHROUGH! lost HTML Files, images and wav files Found Deep in Propeller Arena/Propeller Heads using iso buster!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
baliebox4916
shadow

Re: NEW BREAKTHROUGH! lost HTML Files, images and wav files Found Deep in Propeller Arena/Propeller Heads using iso bust

Post#11 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:18 am

SMiTH wrote:
dreamcast ™ wrote:To clarify before this gets out of hand, this is not a "breakthrough".

according to snopes the propeller arena server software is found in Shenmue 2 disk 2.
It is a hidden file but it can be recovered.

hmm i might try and see if thats true ill try to look for the shenmue 2 iso online
a furry kitsune god whos stuck in a alternate reality

soniccd123
dark night

Re: NEW BREAKTHROUGH! lost HTML Files, images and wav files Found Deep in Propeller Arena/Propeller Heads using iso bust

Post#13 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:43 pm

I'm sorry to revive this thread, but, just to be sure, there is no GDI dump of Propeller Arena? I was looking for some games and I though about it, searched, and wasn't able to find it.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:22 pm

Not aware of one. When it was ripped/released a long time ago dreamcast emulators barely existed, the gdrom hardware emulators didn't exist, and no one really cared about doing 1:1 data copies of discs in gdi format because it wasn't useful for anything other than archival purposes, which people weren't as interested in yet. The people with the gdrom disc provided it to a scene group to rip and create a self booting CDI, since that was the main way people were able to play dreamcast games at the time. The question has been asked before at assemblergames about what happened to that gdrom and I'm not sure anyone knows who wound up with it last.

The game is 100% playable though with no hiccups, so it seems the only advantage to a gdi version would be for posterity, like "this is the exact way the files were ordered on the disc sega created" and not like it would create a better working game.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#15 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:29 am

To add to this, the HTML files were already recovered and restored by me prior to this discovery. I rebuilt the site based on what was stored to Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. The site is just awaiting Dreampipe to upload it.

The online multiplayer is a different matter though.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#16 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:53 am

SMiTH wrote:
dreamcast ™ wrote:To clarify before this gets out of hand, this is not a "breakthrough".

according to snopes the propeller arena server software is found in Shenmue 2 disk 2.
It is a hidden file but it can be recovered.

So, Shenmue 2, disc 2 is where the answer to online play might be...hope is still alive.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#17 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:03 pm

yes, it was even fact checked by the all knowing tech gods at facebook and twitter.
once they confirm the validity, then i know it must be true.