bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
phezza2000
noob

Re: bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

Post#31 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:06 am

Hello everyone - don't want to waste your time, but need a couple of posts to access downloads section of forum - i think?!! Thank you

srilanka888
shadow

Post#32 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:26 am

Nice work on a 64 bit version of the script. I have used 32 bit version on a few games with good results.

srilanka888
shadow

Post#33 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:57 pm

I have tried the Bleemcast script (x64), but XDuplicator (program) is not finding my drive. I have a bd-re drive. I have put wnaspi32.dll in SYSWOW and System32 folders on my Windows 10 x64 pc. I take a quick screenshot when XDuplicator opens up, and appear to find a drive. I go to the settings tab, no reader or writer found. I also tried this on Windows 7 64 with same results. The drive is not external or usb. I guess an older cd or dvd drive might be better?
Attachments
XDuplicator.png

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#34 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:58 am

download nero infotool preferably the portable version.
run it to see if your drive can burn cd-r.

3,0,0 is the scsi id of your drive? (HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40, 1.00)
if you are able to run scanbus.bat and it shows your drive and you are having issues with xduplicator...
try the other wnaspi files and see which one works best for you..
if xduplicator is still not working..
i suggest trying another burning software.

i only included xduplicator because it is a freeware front end for cdrdao.
the idea is to have everything in one pack.
this way it might be easier for ppl to make bleemed isos.

as for burning software, try burnaware.
it works with .cue and allows you to burn 1st session and leave disk open for multisession..
if you find another burning software that works please post here.

bleem! wrote:*You don't have to use the open source burning software I included (x-duplicator)
*You can use any burning software that can use .cue files and burn the 1st session and leave it open to allow multisession.
*You also can use cdda if you want too. (x-duplicator does not work well with cdda)

if you want to use cdda just keep the .cue file intact, (don't remove the audio info from the .cue) and use another burning software.

good luck!

srilanka888
shadow

Post#35 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 pm

I downloaded Nero infotool and it only found 1 of my drives (not HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40, 1.00). I checked specs on Google and it burns cd, dvd, bdxl. I can run scanbus.bat on my older xp and windows 7 (x86) pcs and the scanbus. bat screen will stay open to where i can see my drive's scsi address. Running scanbus.bat on Windows 7 and 10 (x64) will flash the screen long enough to where i can screenshot the screen. Is Scanbus.bat (x64) supposed to stay open or close quickly on x64 pc? I see my bd-re drive and my other dvd listed here. I have used all 5 wnaspi32 files in the 5 folders with varying results.
I will test this more on x64 platform to try and find a burning program (I just used Alcohol 120% on x86 platform).
Thanks Smith for the reply. Also, some psx games, that are bleemed are too big to fit on cd-r w/ Bleemcast script. Is the audio and fmv's removed from the psx image (bin, cue) to make it fit on cd-r? Can you direct me to a tutorial or where they talk about downsampling a psx image that the bleemcast script errors about psx image being too big? Thanks for your help

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#36 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:31 pm

scanbus.bat should stay open and not close quickly.

you want to use the wnaspi32 that when you run scanbus.bat it shows the scsi id of your drive (burner), it is best if the scsi id's listed do not go past 4,0,0. example: if you use a wnaspi32 that shows your HDD at 1,0,0 and then your burner at 2,0,0 use this one. don't use a wnaspi32 that shows your HDD at 1,0,0 and then your virtual drive at 4,0,0 and then your burner at 6,0,0. this is not always the case, but from what I have found its best to use lower scsi numbers and all you really want to be listed is the burner. so, even if the only scsi id listed is your burner and nothing else, as long as the scsi id is low it should be fine. to make sure try making a bleemed iso and see which setup works best for you.

there is psximager software for ripping psx isos: https://github.com/cebix/psximager , http://ikskoks.pl/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/psximager.zip
ian made a replacement .str : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11966
removing/dummying/replacing .str, audio, and video files from psx isos has mixed results with bleem!
if you can find ripped psx isos use them for bleem!
also to save space you can remove the audio info in the .cue file.

good luck!

srilanka888
shadow

Post#37 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:21 pm

I was thinking that scanbus.bat should stay open also. I know it does running the bleemcast script on my xp or windows 7 (x86) pc's.
I used an iHas burner on Windows 7 (x86), running the bleemcast script. The scsi number or address was 2,1.0 at the time, when i used the script.
I have quite a few psx isos that are already converted to bin, cue.
Yeah, on some some psx images, bleemcast script will throw an error to where it won't fit on a full cd-r. I have read that audio and video can be removed / downsampled ? 007 racing (533 mb psx iso) will give this error running the bleemcast script. Script will say image is too large, so i guess in order for this to work, some audio and video has to be removed from the psx (bin, cue).
I am going to check out the replacement .str. Thank you!

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#38 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:08 pm

The script works for 64bit windows OSes. I have used it on win7 64bit and win8.1 64bit.
When you get that error try closing/exit script... eject disk, then insert disk (wait until disk stops spinning b4 running script again).
Next delete data.iso in root folder if it is present, then run script again.
In some cases the script gives errors when the drive is reading disk contents (disk spinning)..
There are a couple of error/s that happen because of this even on the original override script.
Usually this will fix the error/s..
Maybe try using cdrw disks for now...then when you get the hang of it use cd-r's or w/e.

*More than likely when you get a bleemed disk created, I will update the script to v3 (adding 1 "new" wnaspi32 and updating readme)

good luck!

here is the "new" wnaspi32 that I found that works on 64bit OS if you want to test?
(I might add it to script v3 ?)
Attachments
wnaspi32.rar
(58.98 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

srilanka888
shadow

Post#39 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 am

Thanks Smith, I will test this Wnaspi32.dll on my x64 (64 bit OS). I have successfully created bleemcast discs on x86 (32 bit OS). There are some psx images with larger size however, that an error pops up using Bleemcast script (see my attachment).

On my x64 (64 bit OS), i am still trying to get this to work (XDuplicator wont find my drive). I will test other burning programs on 64 bit OS, where program will keep session open. Yeah, using Bleemcast script on 64 bit OS will be nice, if I can get this to work.
Attachments
Army men (my test).png

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#40 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:15 pm

is the scipt you are using on win7 32bit a different one? or are you running multiple apps in cmd window to manually create a bleemed disk? i will give you some time to figure it out..again try using cdrw disks for now until you get the hang of it.