bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
EsotericSaturn95
noob

Re: bleemcast selfboot script 64bit OS, works! :)

Post#21 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:56 pm

I'm also wondering how many posts are needed. I'd like to create some updated Bleem discs & I honestly feel like I'm stuck without this script.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Well not many i think 5 ? anyways can always check to see if a game works just with the beta bleem cdi.. really selfboot with the game you want check the game even works.. just swap in every ps1 game and try it first..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#23 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 pm

EsotericSaturn95 wrote:I'm also wondering how many posts are needed. I'd like to create some updated Bleem discs & I honestly feel like I'm stuck without this script.

Whenever impulse gets around to making changes here, I will try and see if we can lower the amount of posts needed to access the downloads section.
I'm not getting impatient... because I expected to wait months b4 any changes would be made.
The idea is to somewhat make it like 2008ish again when we had a decent downloads section and members frequently posting isos etc.
Of course this site has flourished light years beyond what it was like then in terms of online gaming for dc and the amount of new members in the community.

But, as far as an active download section, it is not anywhere near what it used to be...
One could easily claim none of that matters anymore since most ppl use gdi's nowadays.
While this is true..
Ringbro Starr wrote:It still would be nice to have a more active downloads section.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Its not a big deal to get posts just surf the site and say "cool" or "thanks for the info 5-10 times.

Even if its working with the boot disc it still might not be working selfboot because the possible data stream over CDDA,
yes you lose CDDA making the game selfboot.
It really is a big sacrifice to save the 25cent on a CD.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#25 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm

deluxux wrote:Even if its working with the boot disc it still might not be working selfboot because the possible data stream over CDDA,
yes you lose CDDA making the game selfboot.
It really is a big sacrifice to save the 25cent on a CD.

Well you can use cdda if you want with a selfboot image.
I always remove cdda from bleemed cdi's because half the time it sounds bad.
You just need to use another software besides that open source burning software that i included with the script.
You can use any burning software that will burn a session and leave that session open afterwards.
This way the final session added to disk is the 1bleem.bin, ip.bin.

Use a cdrw to create a selfboot bleem then rip the disk to create the .cdi
If you own a gdemu then you could test the .cdi on an sd card to see if it works.
This way you waste no cdr-s
But most ppl would say this is pointless since you can create bleemshell images instead.
Idk you have many options.

19SULLY67
shadow

Post#26 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:21 am

Hey Folks!! Newbie to Dreamcast-Talks, a Canadian Newbie!! I like a lit of stuff I'm seeing in this site, very well informed site and not a dummy in site, besides me that is!! I just got a GDEMU, V. 5.15b ( I figured for an extra 40 bucks, it's worth it for a far more superior product ) , which I realize is a Chinese clone, but a perfect clone, actually has the proper chipset in it and the firmware is upgradable ( which has been done already ) and it has the fully covered ( and I hate to say this because the originator of the GDEMU is a genius god, in my books anyway ) and way better SD slot. I also got a 3D printed top SD card slot tray with the cable extension. I love, love, love this device, no more going through 10 CDs for 1 game ( like 100 some CDs altogether for about 35 games, that's awful and no more calibrations ( 4 ) needed. And for the heat issue, I took the not 100% electronic repair person way out, I got 3 1K ohm resistors, twisted together and bridged it, works perfect, I played for 7 hours ( with breaks for me ) machine left on all night after ( only slept 4 hours and and I had a friend keep an eye on it while he watched movies), then continued for another 3 hours the next day, and had my friend come over when I had to go out and told him to use it and not turn it off, he did another 4 hours, so I figured this was a pretty hefty bench time and it passed with flying colors, just warm, not hit at all. The reason I mention this is, I first learned of all this stuff, resistors tricks and all ( accept in here a couple people said use only 2 twisted together ) I found a British guy first that said, 2 is what some people say to do, but he suggested 3, and a few other sites did too. I found out here that it's tricky taking image files, separting the files, making " disc " folders and so on, then I found out about GDEMU SD card Menu Maker and it blew me away how easy it was with CDIs I already had and menu maker. So anyway, lots of stuff learned here from all the brilliant minds, THANK YOU!!! The reason I'm here in this post pertiicularly is because it's concerning Bleemcast! a fantastic program. I realize it's about 64bit OS, selfboot scripts, which I assume is for emulators, but they use CDI files as well. I was wondering can any CDIs be Bleemed? I was able to find a bunch on a Google spreadsheet thing online and a few PAL games that are great, that I've never ever used before, like Evil Twin: Cypriens Chronicles ( which takes a ton of blocks, but so does World Series Baseball 2K2, I have 1 VMU and one 200 block memory card, trying to find a poor dudes deal on a 4X or 16X one ) anyway, off track again. On here and on Reddit I read Bleemed games do not work on GDEMU? Maybe the articles I read were pertaining to V. 5.15, cuz with my 5.15b they work great, not 100% flawless, but about 98%, with 1% being audio, the other is a few video glitches, not always the same glitches and not always in the same places. I have 4 that are Bleemed, Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2, Crash Bash and Syphon Filter, which I thought was a PS2 game? Just thought I'd pass that on, but you all probably know that already!!! This is my first post, as you can tell, appearently I have to do a number of more ( anyone know this magical number ? ) before I can access the downloads section, a guy on Reddit ( Andrew something ) who's also a member here, posted a link on Reddit for about 30 he has done, but alas, I have no access yet, so I'll be checking posts of interest to leave a pist and hopefully have access to the elusive downloads section, but very short posts with questions!!! The one I'm really looking for ( and want to see if it's there ) I searched everywhere and could not find this at all, Jackie Chan Stuntmaster Bleemed and bootable!! I love this game and played it soooo much years ago on my old PS, I think it's a funny, fun, interesting and fantastic game. Appearently there's a PS Jet Li game too, saw it online, looks good too, but no response to that game since I never ever even heard of it years ago. Ok, I'm done rambling, I sound like a teenager and ( believe it or not ) I'm a 52 year old supposed adult, but in my head, I'm still 20!! Thanks for listening to my ramblings , my new DC TALKS acquaintances! Have a great day!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SULLY

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#27 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:25 am

19SULLY67 wrote:I realize it's about 64bit OS, selfboot scripts, which I assume is for emulators, but they use CDI files as well. I was wondering can any CDIs be Bleemed?

The bleemcast selfboot script is for making selfboot bleemed disks on a 64bit OS.

Selfboot Bleemed Disk -- (full psx game and bleem beta emulator all on one disk)

To create a .cdi you must rip the selfboot bleemed disk.

---

You could also make bleemshell cdi's..these are bootable with gdemu.

19SULLY67 wrote:This is my first post, as you can tell, appearently I have to do a number of more ( anyone know this magical number ? ) before I can access the downloads section?

I don't know the magic number.

19SULLY67 wrote:a guy on Reddit ( Andrew something ) who's also a member here, posted a link on Reddit for about 30 he has done.

You might be referring to Anthony817?

19SULLY67 wrote:The one I'm really looking for ( and want to see if it's there ) I searched everywhere and could not find this at all, Jackie Chan Stuntmaster Bleemed and bootable!!

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster? Maybe it works with bleem beta? idk?

19SULLY67 wrote:Appearently there's a PS Jet Li game too, saw it online, looks good too, but no response to that game since I never ever even heard of it years ago.

There is a ps2 game Jet Li: Rise to Honor.

---

*you can post a wall of text and that is ok.
no1 will be upset.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#28 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:56 pm

Bleem and the Gdemu can be confusing.
Bleem was sold in stores as retail as 3 boot discs.
Tekken3 Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo 2.
These discs you put in and hotswap the disc for one of the 3 games. These 3 have a disc check that was eventually disabled by someone.

Some years later a leaked beta version was cracked and released. Some time after that people figured out how to put the Bleem Beta and the PSX game on the same disc. We call them self boot.

The beta is what's working on the Gdemu.
Now we have BleemShell only for the Gdemu it's the beta but now improved with added controls. The BleemShell CDI files are just a PSX Bin/cue converted to CDI with Discjuggler and a text and image file inserted. You can burn them and use them in a real PlayStation or use the Bleem boot disc
Haven't really tested much with the retails and the Gdemu. I'll have to revisit self boot games with full PSX images.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#29 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:52 pm

About
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
I found 3 versions, USA, PAL, and a highly compressed iso with ripped music and videos. Can't get it to boot in no$psx or bleemshell.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#30 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Jackie Chan have problem on real console with PSIO