Dreamcast Software Treasure Hunt?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Dreamcast Software Treasure Hunt?

Post#1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:07 pm

I thought this might make a decent thread..
The idea would be to use webarchive and focus on finding dreamcast homebrew, dev, apps, tools, software, docs, etc.
There are many useful things still out there that have been lost over time.
We could then post the links to what we find.
Collectively more can be found than going at it alone.
Good Luck!
:)

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Dreamcast Software Treasure Hunt?

Post#2 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Dreamcast optimized quake mods from Ajay. Might be nice in NuQuake and RadQuake now.
Bulldog Stadium
Raptors!
Raptors Return!

http://www.ajaysquakesite.co.uk/

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Not sure if any of this is of importance butI still have alot of SDISO, Xiaopang, and custom multipack ISO's from theisozone days...

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Yes please id like to request uploads of any releases. I will download backup and reupload whatever you have. Been looking for Xiaopang's stuff for a while.

Sega RPG

Post#5 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:01 pm

I do have the shmumps pack and broken sword 1 scummvmed if anyone wants...

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Yes please upload and share whatever you have. I keep a big archive of Dreamcast stuff with redundant backups on multiple drives and reupload to tinyurl.com/dcmasterlist I have to admit I've been lazy about uploading because my upload machine took a crap but send me a PM if you need a gdrive or mega account. Maybe ill make a FTP server or something if that would be easier.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:10 pm

deluxux wrote:Dreamcast optimized quake mods from Ajay. Might be nice in NuQuake and RadQuake now.
Bulldog Stadium
Raptors!
Raptors Return!

http://www.ajaysquakesite.co.uk/

I have them in modcd 2 or 1 should make a modcd with the new version that was with 4.7

I will make a GDEMU only version with 43 fixed optmized mods for 4.9 you have 320x240 and 640x480 can play mods in both mods it be over 1.2 gig :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12218 here's the GDEMU all mods with the new much faster version 46 mods on one image 1.4 gig now we can see if GDEMU can run bigger CDI images :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:50 am

This is something lost

DCOS Posted by CyRUS64 @ 17:55
Wayne Moorefield has released a new featureful OS to potentially provide some rivalry to KallistiOS and the author believes that it is now at the stage to be viably useable for others projects / addons.
So far the OS supports:

Priority based thead scheduler
Timeouts
Semaphores
Sleep
Filesystem
File based devices
Software Debug Logger
OpenGL
Streaming sound support (Mono at this point)
Mono Wave File Processing
TCP/IP Support via lwIP (Only LAN device is supported at this point)
Serial Port debugger (57600 7-E-1 Settings)

The TCP/IP support alone sounds very interesting :)
Source / docs / examples are available at the official site.

This is just a showing of what I've done so far. A good bit of influence is taken from KOS.

Things to know....

Classes were used for encapsulation purposes
All applications must be compiled with the kernel library
Development was based on the LAN adapter for code transfer and the Serial port for debugging
At this point you must reset the Dreamcast to load a new image
Debug console is through Serial port using settings: 57600 7-E-1
Features

Multithreaded environment
Timeouts, Sleep, Semaphores supported
lwIP Stack integrated
Debug console through Serial Port
OpenGL support through KGL-X addon (included)
Streaming mono channel sound support, wav or raw formats
Peripherals are accessed through an easy API or IOTCLs for raw usage

Downloads

Note: DCOS_BASE and DCOS_SRC must be environment variables set to the DCOS directory and DCOS/src respectively. Mine are set as DCOS_BASE = /home/DCOS and DCOS_SRC = /home/DCOS/src.

dcossrc_20030307.zip - contains source tree of DCOS with examples (only change was to make it smaller for easy downloading)

dcdevdocs.zip - contains development documents I've collected

dcdevtools.zip - contains CYGWIN tool chain for dreamcast development for windows development environments

dcosprebuiltlibs.zip - contains prebuilt libraries for compling code without compiling DCOS

examples.zip - examples of code written for DCOS

https://web.archive.org/web/20040718120 ... t/DCOS.htm

anyone have this ???

Sega RPG

Post#10 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 pm

deluxux wrote:Yes please upload and share whatever you have. I keep a big archive of Dreamcast stuff with redundant backups on multiple drives and reupload to tinyurl.com/dcmasterlist I have to admit I've been lazy about uploading because my upload machine took a crap but send me a PM if you need a gdrive or mega account. Maybe ill make a FTP server or something if that would be easier.

I already have a mega account, it's just i have a very slow upload speed, but will do in the next days :)