Development in the dark NEOGEOCDSDL 9.3 a Dev story YouTube Series

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Development in the dark NEOGEOCDSDL 9.3 a Dev story YouTube Series

Post#1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:43 am

Hi,

I have started a new YouTube series about the development of some of my old project, this one is about NEOGEOCDSDL.9.3 I talk about it and the people in the Dreamcast scene that helped me. The first NEOGEOCD emulator for Dreamcast I demo metal slug 1 and give commentary while playing and a video interview of myself. I will do more on other projects coming soon this emulator is running on real Dreamcast hardware and i used a capture dvd recorder to do the footage I will do that from now on to improve my videos and channel

I have a lot of old projects and i wanted to do a story on each let me know if you like this.. So cue Development in the dark you will see why i call it that when you watch it :) Video of me talking to you is not the same quality as the captured footage but is why i call it Development in the dark..

I'm doing Development on this project again let me know if you like to see it as well

I started Development for Dreamcast in 2002 quit at the end of 2005 and i have been back since 2018 :) i did have a long break :)

I hope you enjoy :)
Ian micheal

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Re: Development in the dark NEOGEOCDSDL 9.3 a Dev story YouTube Series

Post#2 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 am

Good work! Speed very good! I think slow down on some places in game has on original hardware too (if i wrong correct me).

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:44 am

Ivan GR wrote:Good work! Speed very good! I think slow down on some places in game has on original hardware too (if i wrong correct me).

Your right it does in the same places :) Only way to get around that is overclock the emulator thank you for watching :) with my dvd capture i get very good close to real dreamcast footage.. sound is like that because i did the talking.. i have the video by it's self for the cd audio..

thanks again.. with my slow computer this took 15 hours all up to edit and make lol.. But im trying to do a concept for people to know about short storys about dreamcast development.. but from my old project it includes lot of the best coders in the scene like troy GPF who just left a comment on it.. really great guy very talent coder :)

Roel
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 am

DCEmulation forum dwellers said it couldn't be done, eh? That sounds familiar. They said the same thing about porting Beats of Rage to the Dreamcast. :lol:

Good thing you didn't let them dissuade you!

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:34 pm

I enjoyed the video Ian.
Nice to hear about the history of NeoGeoCDsdl.
They doubted it could be done?
That usually makes people want to prove it can be done.

You are wondering if others would like to see you continue work on the project?
You already know what my answer is lol
YES.

I am wondering..
I have read earlier posts that you have made where you mention that you apologize for the way you acted in the past.
Lemme guess its all ego stuff, right?
Most people grow out of that over time, and its for the best.

You are a good dude with great talent.
You have grown out of the ego bullshit..
And we are glad to see you back.

I look forward to any projects that you decide to work on.
Thanks for being here at DCT.

:)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Roel wrote:DCEmulation forum dwellers said it couldn't be done, eh? That sounds familiar. They said the same thing about porting Beats of Rage to the Dreamcast. :lol:

Good thing you didn't let them dissuade you!

It's like a red flag to a bull for me that cant be done lol.. Beat's of rage engine is one of the best engine's coded i have seen i enjoy it.. Thank you to team Seniel .. Since the other people dropped support for dreamcast i have tryed to update and keep it going does have 16 and 32 bit rendering now i added ..

All great times back then was like a new frontier .. I should say Stef D made the C core i used and come to the scene helped with gensis and other projects after this one..

Thanks again..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:03 pm

SMiTH wrote:I enjoyed the video Ian.
Nice to hear about the history of NeoGeoCDsdl.
They doubted it could be done?
That usually makes people want to prove it can be done.

You are wondering if others would like to see you continue work on the project?
You already know what my answer is lol
YES.

I am wondering..
I have read earlier posts that you have made where you mention that you apologize for the way you acted in the past.
Lemme guess its all ego stuff, right?
Most people grow out of that over time, and its for the best.

You are a good dude with great talent.
You have grown out of the ego bullshit..
And we are glad to see you back.

I look forward to any projects that you decide to work on.
Thanks for being here at DCT.

:)

Yeah ego bigger then Jupiter I have grown up thank you for watching :)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:02 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah ego bigger then Jupiter I have grown up thank you for watching :)

You have to admit that is kick ass though lol

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:49 pm

bro?