Sonic Adventure - Lost Kadomatsu New Year DLC Found

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Solgnar
noob

Re: Sonic Adventure - Lost Kadomatsu New Year DLC Found

Post#11 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Most Excellent!

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#12 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:44 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
fafadou wrote:pcwzrd has this one ?
He is doing a list of each DLC dreamcast on dreamcast live.

Yup, added it a couple days ago. You can grab it from the main site or the Dreamcast-compatible one:

https://www.dreamcastlive.net/sonic-adventure-dlc.html

http://dc.dreamcastlive.net/sonicdlc.html

Hey, tried downloading the Kado DLC but DreamKey 3.0 complains that the page could not be displayed, and I don’t have any other browser to use...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:55 am

Blayer98 wrote:Hey, tried downloading the Kado DLC but DreamKey 3.0 complains that the page could not be displayed, and I don’t have any other browser to use...

It should work fine. I tested it with PlanetWeb 3.0. Are you going to the DC-compatible site (dc.dreamcastlive.net)? The main site won't load in a Dreamcast web browser.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#14 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:Hey, tried downloading the Kado DLC but DreamKey 3.0 complains that the page could not be displayed, and I don’t have any other browser to use...

It should work fine. I tested it with PlanetWeb 3.0. Are you going to the DC-compatible site (dc.dreamcastlive.net)? The main site won't load in a Dreamcast web browser.

Yeah, I’m using the Dreamcast compatible one, any of the VMI links won’t work in Dreamkey 3.0 for some reason...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#15 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Blayer98 wrote:Yeah, I’m using the Dreamcast compatible one, any of the VMI links won’t work in Dreamkey 3.0 for some reason...

Well it seems you're going to need PlanetWeb. I tried XDP and I'm getting the same error. I tried switching the links on the DLC pages to the Dreamcast-Talk mirror which seems to fix it for all the DLC except for the Kadomatsu one. It just says error downloading. It works fine in PlanetWeb 2.0 and 3.0 though. No idea what the problem is with that particular DLC and the other web browsers...
PSO Characters:

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#16 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:07 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:Yeah, I’m using the Dreamcast compatible one, any of the VMI links won’t work in Dreamkey 3.0 for some reason...

Well it seems you're going to need PlanetWeb. I tried XDP and I'm getting the same error. I tried switching the links on the DLC pages to the Dreamcast-Talk mirror which seems to fix it for all the DLC except for the Kadomatsu one. It just says error downloading. It works fine in PlanetWeb 2.0 and 3.0 though. No idea what the problem is with that particular DLC and the other web browsers...

Oh great... Ok, never mind. I don’t have any more CDs to burn and money’s tight atm :(

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#17 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:33 am

Blayer98 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:

Oh great... Ok, never mind. I don’t have any more CDs to burn and money’s tight atm :(

Fixed it! Looks like the VMI had a bad checksum which was preventing it from downloading on the other browsers. Works in XDP now. I'm not able to test with Dreamkey 3.0 as my Dreamcast just resets on booting it for some reason.
PSO Characters:

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#18 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:36 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:

Fixed it! Looks like the VMI had a bad checksum which was preventing it from downloading on the other browsers. Works in XDP now. I'm not able to test with Dreamkey 3.0 as my Dreamcast just resets on booting it for some reason.

Ok, great! I will test this out once I’m home and will report if it works on my PSL SA1 disc. :D