Questions about Guilty Gear XX (dreamcast version?)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Questions about Guilty Gear XX (dreamcast version?)

Post#1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:14 pm

So I know about Guilty Gear X being on the dreamcast, because years ago, I used to play it on an actual dreamcast console. And it was kinda fun and wacky.

But I later discovered, that there is a Guilty Gear XX Midnight Carnival rom, for dreamcast out there. Now there is not much info on the internet, if an actual release of Guilty Gear XX was released in Japan, for the dreamcast. But I found out, it apparently ran on naomi.

So was the game actually released in Japan for the dreamcast? Or was it cancelled etc?

Or is this a game rom, that works on dreamcast emulators, that support and play post dreamcast era naomi + atomiswave games?
Last edited by beanboy on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Questions about Guilty Gear XX (dreamcast version?)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:57 pm

That's for the arcade Sega NAOMI system. Kinda like a Dreamcast but faster and more RAM or something. Atomiswave titles are more likely to play but it's still a pipe dream.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Aye. Interesting deluxux.
I think I'll check it out, and see if it works with retroarch.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:37 pm

deluxux wrote:That's for the arcade Sega NAOMI system. Kinda like a Dreamcast but faster and more RAM or something. Atomiswave titles are more likely to play but it's still a pipe dream.

Yeah. Thanks for the info deluxux dude. I kinda realised that too. :)

sagabeat
rebel

Post#5 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13652

Megavolt85 Just ported Guilty Gear X 1,5 From Atomiswave Arcade board to Dreamcast

Wesker
dark night

Post#6 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:25 am

Yeah, but it's not really a Guilty Gear XX variant. Just a souped up Guilty Gear X version. It's better than what the Dreamcast got with the original Guilty Gear X, but it's still not Guilty Gear XX.

Guilty Gear Isuka will make it to the Dreamcast also thanks to being an Atomiswave game though. It's strange that Arc System Works didn't bother to carry one of the Guilty Gear XX versions to the Atomiswave.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Aye thanks for the heads up sagabeat.
Interestingly enough, I was just viewing that topic a while ago, before coming here. :)