https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/h ... iser.1837/
Here is what the original poster had to say about it.
I am another (sadly) former member of Assembler Games.
Years ago, in 2005 I bought GD-Rs and Dreamcast promos from a member of Assembler Games (LeGIt). I bought Heroes of Might and Magic III and Test Drive Cycles from him. He sold me Heroes III for $600, £355 at that time.
Now I am willing to make a public release. I have ripped the game and my question is if people would be willing to make a community fundraiser for this game to be distributed.
I comment a few aspects of the game:
- It's a beta, version 0.800, not a final version. It's a Windows CE game.
- It crashes randomly. It can crash on the FMV intro or when loading.
- There are options or menus where the game always crashes, for example going to the Thieve's Guild in the Tavern always crashes the game. Again, it's an unfinished beta. The original GD-R has always been like this.
- In my opinion I think maybe this game could be canceled due to memory problems. In addition to the reason why so many games were canceled.
- For me this game would have been one of the best Dreamcast games in terms of quality. Wonderful music, great artwork, etc. Heroes III is considered the best game in the saga.
I can upload soon a video of the game running on retail Dreamcast to my YouTube channel ( FatalistDC ). I have some problems capturing audio from DC with the capture card that I need to solve.
Some more rare or unreleased material can be released in the future.
I would like to thank thedoctor45 for providing me a DC with DreamShell used to rip this game.