Notwithstanding Bleem, how were emulators on Dreamcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Notwithstanding Bleem, how were emulators on Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Wasn't there a Genesis emulator disc back in the day? Maybe others too?

Sega RPG

Re: Notwithstanding Bleem, how were emulators on Dreamcast?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Yes there are 2 for the mega drive

One is the gens4all which is barely playable, the other one is a pack made of the official sega emulator, but not all games runs fine and are generally worst than on a real machine

I often use the uae4all emu which is an amiga emulator. You can tell the difference from a real hardware (as i have a real amiga) but i do guess it runs 95% the speed for supported games, as it's very enjoyable

There are even the neo4all and the dreamneo cd which are a neo geo emulators. I don't have a real hardware so i can't do a comparison but games runs great honestly, so i guess it's 99% the speed

There is the aes4all which is a neo geo arcade emulator, and it runs great but most games are playable only from gdemu

There are others but i don't use them so i don't know

I hope this will help :)
Last edited by 247 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#3 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:27 pm

That could be interesting... because ill probably never invest in Neo geo hardware its way too expensive

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Lot of good emulators for dreamcast amiga . nes, sms, are all pretty much perfect Yes I'm still working on dreamneo speed is geting close to on some games better then the real machine for loading times and grafix and sound.. .. there are a lot of finished great fullspeed emulated systems on dreamcast list is pretty big..