chinese imports affected by corona? short supply of gdemu clones?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

chinese imports affected by corona? short supply of gdemu clones?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:17 pm

im wondering when shortages of gdemu clones will hit the market because of corona? for that matter most imported tech from china is going to be in short supply.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Re: chinese imports affected by corona? short supply of gdemu clones?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Idk, I've been wondering the same thing. I actually got my Pico PSU from Poland a few months ago. But I still need the brick, and now I'm not getting it from China cause I'm hesitant I guess.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:47 pm

ERVOSCV wrote:Idk, I've been wondering the same thing. I actually got my Pico PSU from Poland a few months ago. But I still need the brick, and now I'm not getting it from China cause I'm hesitant I guess.

It lives on surfaces for 48 hours.
Pick the slow shipping option and don't forget to buy more toilet paper

:roll:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Someone must frag that stinky corona virus. It's lame, disgusting and annoying.

wanos463
rebel

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:25 pm

Considering that only 0.066% of the chinese population is infected with the corona virus, I don't expect the world to be running out of clones anytime soon!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:41 pm

m
Attachments
cov192.png
cov19.png
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RaptorZX3
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:20 pm

PicoPSU use standard plugs found on many brick-type power supplies. You might be able to find one in thrift stores...
A year ago i found a 12V 5A power supply once used on a small Sharp LCD TV in a thrift store, but the TV had a broken panel (visible cracks even when not working) so i just picked the power supply, thinking "i might need it at some point in time, since it's standard 12V" and it does have a standard plug, so now i'm using it on my PicoPSU. I think they suggest at least a 2A or 3A 12V power supply.