Red Alert on Bleemcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Red Alert on Bleemcast?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:06 am

I was really into Red Alert 1 on the PC when I was young and have recently starter playing C&C on Saturn.

Its such a shame that RA didnt come to DC. It would have been AMAZING to play online, the perfect console!

Has anyone tested RA with the Bleemcast beta discs? It is strangely a password game so would be ideal if it works.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Red Alert on Bleemcast?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:25 am

Yeah its working OK, I wouldn't play it on DC sadly to much text or other 2D items missing. I made a cdi for BleemShell for Gdemu, I say it might work with the real disc and disc swap I don't think I had to remove videos to get running.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Yes, if you have Bleem that was hacked in 2011 to skip disc check, you can play Red Alert basically perfectly, FMV's included.

It worked from the Tekken disc, and saves aren't working with it, nor are analogs since the analog support has been disabled from the Tekken disc emulator due to the original game never supporting it. So any games booted from that disc will always lack true analog support unfortunately.

You can see it is the first game tested in the video.

Please keep in mind though, these versions which were hacked to skip the disc check are NOTORIOUSLY difficult to get to burn even vs the 2009 Bleem retail releases! I wasted over 10 discs before I was able to discover the correct settings. You DO need DiscJuggler to burn them, as it has special settings you can't adjust in IMGBurn.

I posted that version of the emulators, and instructions on how to successfully burn this in this thread here. Grab the bleem_cd_check_fix.7z

viewtopic.php?style=6&f=30&t=11537&p=126951#p126951

Burn with Disc juggler 6.0 and use these settings. In advanced settings tab, select Audio mode, Block 2352, TOC CD-DA. If for some reason those settings don't work, change the setting to CD-XA.

However, in addition to that, OpenRA had a port to DC. It had lacked sound I believe due to memory limitations. I can't find a download to it now. I have tons of TIZ salvaged homebrew on a backup 1tb hdd. So later today I can see if I have it when I get a chance when I get back to my desktop. On a laptop atm.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 am

Ok so unfortunately I was unable to find that Open Red Alert port for Dreamcast. I don't seem to have it or can locate it online.