Project Justice + Rival Schools 2 discussion

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Project Justice + Rival Schools 2 discussion

Post#1 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:33 pm

So who here plays Project Justice/Rival Schools?

I've been a fan, ever since the first one came out in the arcades, in the late 90's. Good times. And I also play Project Justice on the dreamcast, which is a really fun game.

I like playing Batsu, Roy, Hinata, Tiffany, Momo, Chair person, Akira, Hideo, Edge, Gan, Zaki, Daigo, Kyosuke, Roberto, Hyo. And I like playing Sakura in part 1 too.

So what about you guys. Who do you guys play?
And which character, do you dislike fighting against?

Me, I find Demon Hyo annoying. :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Project Justice + Rival Schools 2 discussion

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:03 am

Yai Ken!!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Roy's move quotes:

Touch down!
C'mon baby!
I got it!
A List!

Gotta love Roy's quotes. :lol:

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Played this to death back in the day. Very enjoyable and solid title, though it didn't stack up graphically against Soul Calibur or DOA2, which ironically came out a good while before this did. Its a little too bad that it didn't get ported to other systems at the time, on the one hand its cool that its a DC exclusive, but it would have been nice for the series to carry on with new games rather than basically ending with this one.

There's certainly a wide variety of characters.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Yeah. I agree.
I played this game especially the first one alot. Probably way too much.
Personally, I actually prefer and find it way more fun, than the entire Street Fighter series.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:14 pm

dark wrote:Played this to death back in the day. Very enjoyable and solid title, though it didn't stack up graphically against Soul Calibur or DOA2, which ironically came out a good while before this did. Its a little too bad that it didn't get ported to other systems at the time, on the one hand its cool that its a DC exclusive, but it would have been nice for the series to carry on with new games rather than basically ending with this one.

There's certainly a wide variety of characters.

I wouldn't compare the visual prowess of the game with the likes of titles like DoA2 or Soul Calibur as these make an attempt at creating fairly realistic visuals aesthetically speaking (tho I get that they all fall under the 3D fighting genre). Most of Capcom's 3D fighting titles (Powerstone, Plasma Sword etc) tend to use 3D polygons to recreate much of the 2D character design and art style of a games presentation. And Project Justice visuals achieve this better than most.
Yeah it's a bit odd that PJ has still remained a DC console exclusive, but then again the first game in the series has also remained a PSX exclusive also.
As fun as both titles are, they aren't the most balanced for competitive play. As a result I really don't see Capcom revisiting this IP for while, tho i'd love to be proven wrong.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Graphics for a fighter are top notch! Fun game.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Yeah. Personally I like the graphics in this game. It really suits the game well. I wish the characters had more facial animations though. But despite that the game is really nice. Now I have to unlock the other characters. I got a few of them so far.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:50 pm

Digadoo, digadoo, digadoo, paaunch!!
Attachments
Tiffany 2020-5-31.png
Tiffany 2020-5-31.png (84.23 KiB) Viewed 8266 times

Chron
noob

Post#10 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:32 am

Among the tons of fighters on DC this one was always my favorite. Interesting that it still doesn't have any other home port.