SegaNet Dreampipe Update

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

SegaNet Dreampipe Update

Post#1 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm

We've implemented a long requested update. You can now officially login to seganet.dreampipe.net and update your profile information including password.

You can also initiate a password recovery if needed.

FYI It seems the password recovery ends up being sent as spam for most email providers. Please check spam folders if you use the forgot password feature. Alternatively you can add "[email protected]" on safe email list if you desire.

For those of you who are new, you'll need a Dreampipe SegaNet account to login and upload leaderboard/other vmu data such as graffiti.
seganet.dreampipe.net is a Dreamcast friendly website, so you can create an account or login from you dreamcast. This site can also be accessed by going to dreampipe.net and clicking on the Login button.

Sites that use the SegaNet Login are:

Sonic Adventure
San Francisco Rush 2049
Samba de Amigo
Jet Grind Radio
Metropolis Street Racer

Thanks again to Jial for setting up the login server code!

hadyn
letterbomb

Re: SegaNet Dreampipe Update

Post#2 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi,

Im trying to create a Sega net account using http://seganet.dreampipe.net/signup.html

But it doesn’t seem to work and all I get is “Software Error:” once I click submit.

Any idea what’s going on?

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#3 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:12 pm

PS I tried this on Safari on my phone not on my Dreamcast.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm

hadyn wrote:PS I tried this on Safari on my phone not on my Dreamcast.

looks like a SQL bug occurred during registration. Give us a little bit to Identify the issue and correct it. Sorry about that! thanks for letting us know.

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Issue fixed. Please try to sign up again :)

Greg2600
dark night

Post#6 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:56 pm

I entered by username and password, got to this screen, hit Submit and got this message.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#7 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:50 am

Greg2600 wrote:I entered by username and password, got to this screen, hit Submit and got this message.

Same happened to me then i chsnged the email to gmail.com one and it updated succesfully.
From love, with Russia :)

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#8 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:08 am

Xiden wrote:

Issue fixed. Please try to sign up again :)

Thank you. Signed up and have been able to login to MSR with no issues.

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Greg2600 wrote:I entered by username and password, got to this screen, hit Submit and got this message.

I'll look at the regex script once I get home and see whats causing it to filter out hotmail, sorry about that!
Last edited by Xiden on Sat May 16, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiden
Developer

Post#10 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Strik3r91 wrote:

Same happened to me then i chsnged the email to gmail.com one and it updated succesfully.

Issue should be fixed now, I modified the regex script so your email should be valid now :)