How to make a complete .gdi out of multiple .bins?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Smf
noob

How to make a complete .gdi out of multiple .bins?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:36 pm

I have successfully loaded some games into the SD card with Mad Sheep SDcard maker for Dreamcast. All the .gdi and cdi. were just drag and drop into the GDMenu list and they loaded right into the SD. However I recently came across a nice lot of DC Roms, But unlike before where the .gdi file had all the data. I get a zipped folder with a .gdi file with less then 1kb of data, and .raw and .bin and Tracks or whatever? I know it can all be compressed together to make a .chd, if your using an emulator, but how do I compress all the data into a .gdi file to play on original hardware with GDMenu? The .Bin files have more data in them than anything. on my PS1 psio it just reads the .Bins! simple..

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: How to make a complete .gdi out of multiple .bins?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:37 pm

By default the file that ends with .GDI is only a few kilobytes and is actually a text file, the accompanying .ISO/.RAW files are the actual tracks with data.

Dragging/dropping the file ending with .GDI in the SDcard maker should be sufficient, the program will pick up the other tracks automatically.