New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
User avatar
Fledge
shadow
Posts: 6

New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Statue company First4Figures will soon be releasing a polystone resin statue of everyone's favorite treasure-loving sky pirate Aika from Skies of Arcadia! It's the second in their line of SoA statues, following their first statue of Vyse, and is part of their larger line of officially licensed Sega classic statues (NightS, Shenmue, Sonic the Hedgehog, Virtua Fighter, Jet Set Radio, etc.).

Image

Anyone interested in following updates about the statue release can read First4Figures article about it and sign up for notifications here: https://www.first4figures.com/blog/a-first-look-at-the-skies-of-arcadia-aika-statue.html If the statue sells well the chances for even more statues in the Sega line increases (maybe a Fina or Drachma statue, who knows?).

NightBreeze
lithium
Posts: 49

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:35 am

Oh man, I would so love to have both this one and the Vyse statue. Too bad Vyse sold out :(. Thanks for posting the link!

beanboy
Vagabond
Posts: 747

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#3 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:46 pm

Wow! That Aika statue looks close to her game self! Cool! :D

User avatar
Fledge
shadow
Posts: 6

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#4 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:32 pm

beanboy wrote:Wow! That Aika statue looks close to her game self! Cool! :D


Funny you mention that, First4Figures has a Facebook Collector's Club where occasionally they'll poll members for opinions on the direction of 3D model prototypes in development, members had the opportunity to give input on this statue by offering tweak suggestions for Aika's face and F4F actually accepted them and modified accordingly with their own improvements to boot. They also polled to see what kinds of bases people wanted, coming in a variety of combinations and options. It's one of many reasons people love F4F, they're one of the few companies that engages with customers and is receptive to feedback.

Image

If you're interested in joining their Facebook club to follow the latest updates and participate in the community the link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4figures/

beanboy
Vagabond
Posts: 747

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#5 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Fledge wrote:
beanboy wrote:Wow! That Aika statue looks close to her game self! Cool! :D


Funny you mention that, First4Figures has a Facebook Collector's Club where occasionally they'll poll members for opinions on the direction of 3D model prototypes in development, members had the opportunity to give input on this statue by offering tweak suggestions for Aika's face and F4F actually accepted them and modified accordingly with their own improvements to boot. They also polled to see what kinds of bases people wanted, coming in a variety of combinations and options. It's one of many reasons people love F4F, they're one of the few companies that engages with customers and is receptive to feedback.

Image

If you're interested in joining their Facebook club to follow the latest updates and participate in the community the link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4figures/

Aye. Thanks for all of that info dude. :D
I'll check out their FB page very soon. :D

User avatar
Fledge
shadow
Posts: 6

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#6 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:54 pm

beanboy wrote:Aye. Thanks for all of that info dude. :D
I'll check out their FB page very soon. :D


You're welcome, hope you enjoy the collector's club. :D

Also, if anybody has any questions about F4F's statues or anything feel free to ask, I've collected quite a few of them over the years.

User avatar
Fledge
shadow
Posts: 6

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#7 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:34 pm

For those who may be interested, F4F CEO Alex Davis just posted in the Facebook Collector's Club a test print of the Aika statue with a "thumbs up" for approval:

Image

According to the post they will now be moving on to the complete physical soon, very exciting news!

Also, if anyone knows people who may be interested in this statue please feel free to share this information as far and wide as possible. The more successful Aika sells, the more likely they will continue making more statues in the Sega All-star line.

beanboy
Vagabond
Posts: 747

Re: New Skies of Arcadia Statue of Aika!

Post#8 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 pm

@Fledge Aye. Cool!
Yeah, I'll share this info, if I find anyone interested in this. :D

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users