I'M COMING HOME

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

I'M COMING HOME

Post#1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 pm

LOL Hey guys I'm sure you read my ranting topic about how Disc Swapping to play the cheaper imports was annoying and ruined my dreamcast experience.

So I just got JAPAN Console ,

All I will have to do

when it comes time for a sport game just make a burn copy of US Release and I should be cool.

I can't believe how lop sided the Market Place is for US VS JAPAN , :mrgreen:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Dreamcast ... 3027999660

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Re: I'M COMING HOME

Post#2 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:45 pm

I was the same with the saturn. I couldn't believe how many amazing games are available dirt cheap from Japan!

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Krootox1986 wrote:I was the same with the saturn. I couldn't believe how many amazing games are available dirt cheap from Japan!

OK Yes so it's not only me being disturbed with the market place prices with this :lol:

Just Game Disc $60 , Yeah sure !

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Hey wow , I got my DC from JAPAN already , Some how DHL only 4 Days to send lol.

Funny had to clear out the VMU , Was loaded with original owner's game saves , it's always funny to see that.

DamnRandall
noob

Post#5 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 pm

When I bought VMUs in the past, I liked seeing what the previous owner had saved on them and the date stamp on each game. It's a bit of history that will never be known to anyone else.

grolgoth
shadow

Post#6 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 pm

DamnRandall wrote:When I bought VMUs in the past, I liked seeing what the previous owner had saved on them and the date stamp on each game. It's a bit of history that will never be known to anyone else.

You're absolutely right, it evokes so much nostalgia!

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#7 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:03 am

Yup I can confirm that most games are really cheap here in Japan. Of course the expensive ones are expensive here as well but you can usually get them for cheaper than ebay.com, etc.

On the other hand when it comes to hardware, the console itself is pretty affordable but that's about it. I personally find accessories (controllers, VMUs, arcade stic, twin stick, etc) to be quite expensive still given their age.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#8 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Woah this is real interesting ,

I do not remember Standard RCA Image Quality being super good with my RE2 GAME.

Is it maybe because I had Generic RCA replacement cables the 1st time around ?

for Some reason the RCA almost looks VGA Quality ?

Then again maybe I am so accustom to playing my PS1 Versions on PS1 Emulators lol