What do you like to do with your Dreamcast and/or DreamPi?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
grolgoth
shadow

What do you like to do with your Dreamcast and/or DreamPi?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm

I like to:
- Make VHS recordings of myself using the XDP Web Browser (like using Google when it works, listening to MIDIs, playing some of the Flash games)
- See all the initial splash pages of the games I can connect to
- Fiddle with all of the options for web browsers, even the ones that aren't functional anymore!
- Try and find some IRC chats, which are undoubtedly inactive despite having people in them at the time :lol: (Maybe they're AFK?)
- Check on Seaman - they are in the Frogman stage, at least 70 days in the game, and at the moment asking me about personal health questions...
- Check on Chao from Sonic Adventure - interested in the very simplistic Chao mechanics in the first game, in addition to the visual differences of the neutral Chao. (a green-to-blue gradient, as opposed to the yellow-to-blue gradient that was in the remakes!) The Chao seem to have life cycles based on how much food they are given. The Light Chaos Chao also sparkle continuously, which is such a nice effect!
- Sometimes play a round of ChuChu Rocket when someone else is online! (Thanks, Big_Nuggie! You were my first opponent in over 20 years!)
- Just enjoy a drink, lean back on the beanbag chair, and imagine what a hassle in a sort of beautiful kind of way, connecting to others online must have been in 2000.

What about you?

beanboy
Wazza

Re: What do you like to do with your Dreamcast and/or DreamPi?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Me. Drink some hot tea or milo, and play lots of dreamcast fighting games, and racing games. And then write in my diary, what games I played that day, or night. :mrgreen:

I sometimes go in the dreamcast home screen, and with a VMU in my controller, I would go in the vmu section, and look at the icon animations and pics for each game. After so many years, the vmu icon art and animations for each game, still look really nice. :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm

Well port things to it test my projects hope they work like they do on nulldc lol which most times they dont.. She likes to be much more strict master :)

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#4 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:47 pm

I like to dream of playing Outtrigger online.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:37 am

Adobe Flash games are a possible on our precious Dreamcasts!?

y'steel has VHS player+all that jazz MAAAN if I can revisit a VHS cassette player but to use s-vid signal would be lovely!!! Where do I start what are the proven brands!?!?!?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:46 am

I'd like to rig my Pi to play the dialup sound when I connect the Dreamcast. And IRC chat I miss IRC.

grolgoth
shadow

Post#7 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:51 pm

Hey guys! Might try playing Typing of the Dead tonight! Also I discovered little kickstands on the back of the SegaNet Keyboard :o

mistamontiel wrote:Adobe Flash games are a possible on our precious Dreamcasts!?

y'steel has VHS player+all that jazz MAAAN if I can revisit a VHS cassette player but to use s-vid signal would be lovely!!! Where do I start what are the proven brands!?!?!?

I have a 13' inch Memorex Color TV with a build in VCR and it's held up all through the years! I have noticed prices of CRTs going up over time. Still waiting on getting a AV to HDMI cable and an HDMI to USB plug-in over the next few weeks so I can hopefully stream from the console :D

Not sure about Adobe Flash but XDP Browser had at least some built-in Javascript text games like Breakout, maybe some Shockwave games as well? Not a good way to start off the beginning of that post XD

deluxux wrote:I'd like to rig my Pi to play the dialup sound when I connect the Dreamcast. And IRC chat I miss IRC.

I'd love to learn how to start my own IRC but I know nothing about it! I miss that dial tone too

georgiaboi372
lithium

Post#8 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:54 am

i know this is a long shot but any idea if pcwzrd13 might end up selling dreampi again ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:05 am

Yeh man str8 boobtubes! I got lucky OfferUp dude reply and riding around with like his entire collection l0l and got a 19" VGA monitor last year, would've liked to see curved glass but cannot complain!!

Yeh CRT teles for $ are being absurd

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 am

I use to repair old crts and cost will go up they dont make or rebuild the tubes any more.. so once there dead thats it.. plus the fact crt wears out the longer you use it.. prolly none of them seeing how good they were.. buying these old things with weak ass crt most be weak only way is a crt tester would not buy a crt with out testing how many hours are on it