Burned Games Stopped Working ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: Burned Games Stopped Working ?

Post#21 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:47 pm

OK So I was 3 for 3 ,

the 4th disc somehow got interrupted while burning , So only 1 failure because of the actual burn process :)

NHL 2K stopped during the burning but the NHL2K2 burned all the way.

Well I am happy now lol.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:33 pm

I use the same disks that dont work for you and they work for me .. Might have a burner problem not a dreamcast problem is the burner usb ? is it internal etc.. not all burners burn cdi or dreamcast isos well at all..

I use cheap walmart disks no problem.. then my burner is from 2006 can burn just about anything

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#23 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:01 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I use the same disks that dont work for you and they work for me .. Might have a burner problem not a dreamcast problem is the burner usb ? is it internal etc.. not all burners burn cdi or dreamcast isos well at all..

I use cheap walmart disks no problem.. then my burner is from 2006 can burn just about anything

It's a LAPTOP CD Burner. I'm wondering if the burner itself is starting to wear down.

The burned code breakers disc I had , that was INKJET Cover printed did not work either I saved that from the 1st time I had dreamcast.
Maybe a bad spine of cdrs this was werid.

Oh well , if it means I need to have a whole new cast of burned discs on MAXWELL , So be it.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 pm

AgentMomo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:I use the same disks that dont work for you and they work for me .. Might have a burner problem not a dreamcast problem is the burner usb ? is it internal etc.. not all burners burn cdi or dreamcast isos well at all..

It's a LAPTOP CD Burner. I'm wondering if the burner itself is starting to wear down.

The burned code breakers disc I had , that was INKJET Cover printed did not work either I saved that from the 1st time I had dreamcast.

Oh well , if it means I need to have a whole new cast of burned discs on MAXWELL , So be it.

I have bad lots of cdrs from Verbatim before in 50 lot lest 10 dont work most times.. i just got a 100 of them every disk from this lot works boots first time..

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#25 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:

I have bad lots of cdrs from Verbatim before in 50 lot lest 10 dont work most times.. i just got a 100 of them every disk from this lot works boots first time..

Yeah it's very possible that I managed to find the 10 bad cdrs from the huge 100 stack from my little brother :lol: :mrgreen:

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#26 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:18 pm

oh wtf now , the new discs I did are being weird now too.

Here is something I did catch , The plug I was given is 125V ,

The dreamcast says it's 100v 50/60hz 22w

Could an over supply of power being screwing up the way it reads and powers on.

ALSO , I do know the Motherboard battery no longer keeps the date and year etc.

Is any of this an influence ?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#27 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:08 pm

OK I did more of that laser screw turning again ,

this time I did not put the 4 screws in so i can take the shell off anytime

and also I did not tuck the wires back under the clips,

Possible they could be kinked or something ?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#28 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:39 am

The Plug is rated for up-to 125V, The Dreamcast needs 100V, all good!

I don't like how often you adjust the GD-ROM laser screw.

IIRC its only half a tiny turn in either direction. If you spun it too far it could add to much voltage and burn out.

Can you still play real or burnt Music CDs?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#29 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Yup its normal again since last night. I also did not put the screws back in , I seen other people say somehow that screws up with the lid weight or placement or something.

I do not know , this is all weird.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#30 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:32 am

UPDATE , Still rolling just fine , this as all too weird , I think the screw removal idea is what help everything, just weird.