MLB World Series 2K

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

MLB World Series 2K

Post#1 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:13 am

So anyone here play 2K1 and 2K2 ? I remember 2K2 being too hard for me and then when I watched 2K1 Videos , Seems like to me you simply pitch and bat and the OUTFIELD is all CPU AI doing the work.

So one seems really water down and simple and the other is Harder.

If I did not like 2K2 , Would I perhaps be better fitted for 2K1 ?

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: MLB World Series 2K

Post#2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:40 am

AgentMomo wrote:So anyone here play 2K1 and 2K2 ? I remember 2K2 being too hard for me and then when I watched 2K1 Videos , Seems like to me you simply pitch and bat and the OUTFIELD is all CPU AI doing the work.

I love world series baseball 2k1. It was made by Sega wow and it's actually an expanded port of their dynamite baseball series for arcades(Naomi in this case). They simply decided to purchase mlb license instead of using Japanese baseball players. This is mainly the reason why it's so simple. You basically have to worry mostly just on batting and very limited control over outfield other than deciding what base to throw it to.

I think it's great it's so simple because it's so " pick up and playable" .

The sequel to 2k1 is actually homerun kings on the gamecube. It's basically the same game but with upgraded graphics.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:04 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:So anyone here play 2K1 and 2K2 ? I remember 2K2 being too hard for me and then when I watched 2K1 Videos , Seems like to me you simply pitch and bat and the OUTFIELD is all CPU AI doing the work.

I love world series baseball 2k1. It was made by Sega wow and it's actually an expanded port of their dynamite baseball series for arcades(Naomi in this case). They simply decided to purchase mlb license instead of using Japanese baseball players. This is mainly the reason why it's so simple. You basically have to worry mostly just on batting and very limited control over outfield other than deciding what base to throw it to.

I think it's great it's so simple because it's so " pick up and playable" .

The sequel to 2k1 is actually homerun kings on the gamecube. It's basically the same game but with upgraded graphics.

OK Yes so this sounds like the 1 I should be playing , I remember PS1 Baseball games where the fielders were basically semi-auto you basically just got to throw the ball after they catch it.

Woodneeded
undertow

Post#4 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:30 pm

2k1 is fun I liked it as a kid, very hard to pitch on the higher difficulties. Most games are a homerun fest, from what I can tell the only pitching rating that matters is pitch speed so you basically just chuck fastballs.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am

Woodneeded wrote:2k1 is fun I liked it as a kid, very hard to pitch on the higher difficulties. Most games are a homerun fest, from what I can tell the only pitching rating that matters is pitch speed so you basically just chuck fastballs.

AH Yes , i was just playing 2k1 that i burned , yes this seems alot better for me , I just got to look up the control manual :lol: