Flag to Flag , F1 , INDY CART

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Flag to Flag , F1 , INDY CART

Post#1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi there , I remember Flag to Flag Racing being a real simple steering system , It was awesome , it felt like a NASCAR Game.

Now the MONOCO F1 Game , that game without a doubt must be more geared towards people who love steering wheels. It does say Simulation :lol:

Now what about theses two F1 Games pictured below. ? Is it simply like FLAG TO FLAG Indy ?

louis012345678
Doom

Re: Flag to Flag , F1 , INDY CART

Post#2 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:02 pm

I wouldn't exactly call monaco a simulation even by late 90's standards but it's a lot more realistic than the world grand prix games...

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 pm

louis012345678 wrote:I wouldn't exactly call monaco a simulation even by late 90's standards but it's a lot more realistic than the world grand prix games...

See yeah that's prob what I am aiming at , How realistic steering did they make it ? I guess I could do a burn copy of it 1st before deciding to own th real thing lol

louis012345678
Doom

Post#4 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:50 am

AgentMomo wrote:
louis012345678 wrote:I wouldn't exactly call monaco a simulation even by late 90's standards but it's a lot more realistic than the world grand prix games...

See yeah that's prob what I am aiming at , How realistic steering did they make it ? I guess I could do a burn copy of it 1st before deciding to own th real thing lol

First off I should mention that monaco has 2 handling mode options: Arcade and Simulation. Arcade mode is as you'd expect where your car has pretty much infinite grip and you can brake really late into a corner. With simulation mode you need to be a lot more precise with your driving i.e. following the racing line, hitting apexs and being smooth with the steering. Just don't touch the kerbs because it results in instant death :lol:
It will take a bit of time to get used to simulation modes unforgiving nature but is really fun once you learn the ins and outs of it...

louis012345678
Doom

Post#5 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:52 am

By the way I've only ever played this game with a controller so if you use a wheel on the Dreamcast then I can't tell you how it feels (sorry)...

Sega RPG

Post#6 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:47 am

played with a steering wheel, it's almost unplayable, to me monaco is not a simulation at all, even in sim mode, in sim mode you only get zero grip and you keep spinning around and around but anyway is lot of fun played online with friends

as for f1 world grand prix, i do have the first one and apart for the nice graphic it's a very dull game with bad controls, the second is kinda the same, except they fixed the bad controls (from what i have tried)

flag to flag is a dull game too honestly, but i love it because it's very very fun to play, and it's even playable with a steering wheel...surely the best of the game you mentioned and one game to have if you love racing...

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 pm

I've heard that F1 World Prix 2 is good with a steering wheel.
I haven't tried it yet though.

Windguy432
noob

Post#8 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:59 pm

I’ve never used any racing wheel with the Dreamcast. Is the official sega one worth looking into getting? Or is there a better third party alternative?

Greg2600
dark night

Post#9 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:10 pm

I've heard the wheel is rarely an improvement, especially for games like Daytona USA which have inherent problems with analog control.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:11 am

I definitely have to play this game again.

Return to “Lounge”