Custom Dreamcast keyboard

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
tsowell
rebel

Custom Dreamcast keyboard

Post#1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:29 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to show off the custom Dreamcast keyboard I got from WASD Keyboards. There are a few more photos in this blog post which also documents a quick hack for turning a USB keyboard into a true Dreamcast keyboard by butchering a Total Control 5.

Here's the obligatory battlestation pic:

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: Custom Dreamcast keyboard

Post#2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:10 am

Looks great !

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:25 pm

That is a sweet setup. Just need dreamcast logod on the speakers. Or sega logod.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#4 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:24 pm

This is the coolest thing I've seen all year. Then again, I've been in Quarantine California so I haven't seen much of anything, but THIS IS SO BAD ASS!

squeeb
rebel

Post#5 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:44 am

Awesome setup. I love the romplers on the left!

Now I just need to find a way to prematurely yellow the white plastic so that it matches the rest of my peripherals. Or leave it out in the sun for a decade or two.
:lol:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:55 am

I saw this when you originally posted it, but just have to say. I love it, it has that retro battlestation look to it which I love! I personally like my DC on an HD screen over VGA, but this is so beautiful I can't look away from it.