Looking for Metal Gear Solid Bleemcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Looking for Metal Gear Solid Bleemcast

Post#11 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 pm

How did you burn it? it can be tough to burn

megavolt85
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:55 pm

the official bleemcast is very difficult to record
image must be written as RAW / DAO
the drive you are recording on is probably too old
Possibly poor quality CD-R
maybe the laser of your GD-ROM has already sat down, it still reads blanks, but this is not enough for bleem to pass protection

viper3344
undertow

Post#13 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Great! Looking for this myself!

ROLLERDJ
shadow

Post#14 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm

I'm very interested in isos bleemed from psx. I remember that before there were many to download. now I can't find anything on the internet. What happened?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 pm

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:46 pm

Well how is that/this/bleh

I can't bleem! period on no MODE. Now the titles with it merged together have not tested but as for launching beta and retail builds then to "swap" to the PS1 image gets me no result

Current firmware

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#17 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:50 am

No you can't use bleem on MODE or several older Homebrews, it's good for the Saturn bad for the Dreamcast, GDEMU is the device of choice for the Dreamcast

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:22 am

mistamontiel wrote:Well how is that/this/bleh

I can't bleem! period on no MODE. Now the titles with it merged together have not tested but as for launching beta and retail builds then to "swap" to the PS1 image gets me no result

Current firmware

You can not play Bleem games from other ODE devices, the retails don't work on any of them, but on GDEMU you can use bleem beta and even Bleemshell remaps controls to make tons more games work on Bleem that lacked all the buttons. You could have used the money you spent on MODE and got a 512gb SD card and GDEMU clone for far less. GDEMU clones got for as little as $40 while official Sandisk branded 512GB SD cards are going for $80 currently on Amazon.

Bleemshell is one of the many reasons why I recommend GDEMU over other solutions. Sure each device is best for people with certain preferences, but that is a pretty decent argument on why to get it. Plus while the menu on MODE looks really awesome, on GDEMU you are not stuck to a single menu, if I recall there were like 3 different menus available. I think Chui even made a simple bootloader menu based on his emulator frontend menu on DC. So all that freedom of choice is a huge plus.

I feel like you learned a costly lesson here.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:16 pm

A costly lesson, enlighten me as to how

Not want to be sour, I got the MODE for PSO NTE, solely, I purchased a third Dreamcast for it because the laser was dead

n so my primary+secondary casts do read discs their optical drives are good

All the best! Especially that it's lol your "fault" that I first feasted eyes on candy on 480 progressive VGA from the Retrobit

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:09 pm

Everything you would ever want to know about it is in this thread.

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 30&t=12026

It has a great curated list of games you can download too that work better than most super glitchy ones so there is a quality standard to it. Also CDDA works from this as well as better controls.