Interview with Bleem! developer Randy Linden.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Interview with Bleem! developer Randy Linden.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:31 am

To celebrate the Dreamcast anniversary I did an interview with Bleem! developer Randy Linden.

I hope you like it:

https://titangamestudios.com/2020/09/09/interview-with-bleem-developer-randy-linden/
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Interview with Bleem! developer Randy Linden.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:37 am

Are you still in contact with him ?
We are able to use only the bleemshell_alfa3 as you mentioned well during the interview, may you could request him to know how to get the source code of the 3 original version from original discs ?

Else the interview is well done, I trully appreciate to read it. Good job :-)

Read it @megavolt85, Randy Linden loves bleemshell :-)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:06 pm

"DC Ultimate: Just like you did with the Doom engine for Snes, do you think that one day it will be possible to make the Bleem source code available on your github?
Randy: Unfortunately, the source code for bleem! and bleemCast! are currently owned by Sony and I don’t think they will be releasing it in the future"

Amazing but.. jus.. will he

Ask Sony release himself dur do they have to know do they have to care

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm

That's cool that he's happy with people playing around with bleemcast these days. I think in a prior interview some years ago, he wasn't that keen on talking about that and expressed regret that the beta bleemcast files had gotten leaked.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:28 pm

i enjoyed the interview. it is refreshing to see that rand supports the dc community and its use of the blue bleemcast beta...

my suspicion was correct that bleemcast code is owned by $ony.

next interview if we can finally have some1 ask a question about the bleemcast beta colors and what the differences are between them.
blue, green, orange, purple, yellow?

and if sony owns the retail bleemcast code, what about all of the other bleemcast! betas?
e3 beta, and the other betas newer than the "leaked" beta.
more than likely its an nda that covers all of bleemcast code i.e betas, and retail...
:(

i have had these questions since 2003..
tinfoil or not, eventually people will know.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:23 pm

SMiTH wrote:and if sony owns the retail bleemcast code, what about all of the other bleemcast! betas?
e3 beta, and the other betas newer than the "leaked" beta.

there is no concept of beta in development, if the project is transferred to another copyright holder, then all the code belongs to him, including alpha and beta versions

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:52 pm

Hopefully, the magenta Omega version can be found.

Lol!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:05 am

It's really strange than WE can't extract it from original isos disc.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:26 am

Well we have sh4 asm disassemble of the bleemcast beta .. even with the source code it would take someone like rand for it to be use-able i would think

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 am

Thanks for the interview, really clears some things up how much of a bully $ony really is. I hope all Dreamcast and Bleem!Cast fans will boycott $ony and the upcoming PS5. (Buy an Android TV/Tablet and Cyboid instead)

I'm happy to know we aren't upsetting Mr. Linden by trying to expand, tribute and showcase the bleem!cast software.
I understand 200% why he was upset about it, first you get ripped off by sony and now even the Dreamcast fans that were testers are ripping you off leaking code.

I didn't think it was much surprise the fact that most of the games for sale on PlayStationNetwork also run in Bleem!