RETRO BIT S-VIDEO CABLE , Sucks ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: RETRO BIT S-VIDEO CABLE , Sucks ?

Post#11 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 pm

AH HA , This is the deal.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 , With RCA , The room background is best but the character is kind of blurry.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 , With S VIDEO , The room backgrounds vary but are super rich in color , the character and enemies are unbeatable they really pop in Shape and Color.

Now for my

DINO CRISIS , SOUL CALIBUR , CODE VERONICA , SONIC ADVENTURE , NFL 2K2 , NHL 2K2

It's S VIDEO all the way.

So for RE2 it's pick your own poison , I assume it will be the same story for RE3 ,

Don't forget RE2 RE3 thoses were PS1 Era not a DREAMCAST/PS2 Era games so I imagine S VIDEO was never in mind.

So yeah not sure what to credit now , PRESS HARDER on the input or maybe my idea of stopping the yellow tip signal drawing completely by cutting the wire HAHA.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#12 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Glad to hear that. I use s video for my N64 and it's a nice step up, especially with sprites.

I know everyone says for dreamcast you could just use VGA instead, but I like playing on CRTs and have yet to come across one with VGA input (excluding monitors).

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 am

Ragfish wrote:Glad to hear that. I use s video for my N64 and it's a nice step up, especially with sprites.

I know everyone says for dreamcast you could just use VGA instead, but I like playing on CRTs and have yet to come across one with VGA input (excluding monitors).

S VIDEO to me is great , and now for my projects , Finding RCA/S-VIDEO to USB for Gaming Stories is the cheapest and easiest,

I am sure getting all the right things for VGA to be transferred to USB is a pain :lol:

Ha here is my 2K2 Capture , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmrVa8i42U

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 am

Sorry dog but I hope that picture is the result of shit capture?

Super noise never seen such much

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#15 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:06 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Sorry dog but I hope that picture is the result of shit capture?

Is their somewhere in OBS to filter it or something ?

Yeah I understand what you mean , Because I thought it would be better.

I'm also using thoses EASYCAP China things , I also did buy something else so I should test that one out as well lol.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Sorry dog but I hope that picture is the result of shit capture?

LOL how about now ? Somehow OBS Sharpness Filter was at 100% , you never go that high !

Also this is now my 1st capture with the YELLOW Cut off from that cable LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Ke7eyume8

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#17 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:34 am

For an easycap it's a good looking capture. I used to own one but I wasn't impressed by its video or audio quality, and it also broke after a few months. Apparently there are at least 7 completely different devices with the name easycap so they vary a ton.

I now use a gv usb2, which is a great option if you only care about rca and svideo. But annoyingly it's become more expensive recently (about $60 when it used to be $30), and I'm not sure if it's still a good deal for that price.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:36 am

It's better not sure any of those do 60fps i had to go with hdmi capture and hypkin cable to get proper 60fps thru bandicam software it's super nice looking .. much better then the poundcable they change the converter to a better one.. problem is which hyperkin cable you get first rev is just like the pound which was not great and not sharp washed out

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#19 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am

Ragfish wrote:For an easycap it's a good looking capture. I used to own one but I wasn't impressed by its video or audio quality, and it also broke after a few months. Apparently there are at least 7 completely different devices with the name easycap so they vary a ton.

I now use a gv usb2, which is a great option if you only care about rca and svideo. But annoyingly it's become more expensive recently (about $60 when it used to be $30), and I'm not sure if it's still a good deal for that price.

Yeah their is many EASYCAPS , I think I got lucky and found the better one for sure lol.

Yeah another point is

everything is going in a weird cycle again , It's deff because soon their is isn't going to be RCA/S-VIDEO, Or VGA on TV anymore.

HDMI and WIFI will most likely take over that signal out put concept.

I'm wondering if I should stock up abit on the S VIDEO and USB/S-VIDEO Stuff.

I do see HMDI to USB Tips be only $2 from china , So I may perhaps take a leap and get some type of DREAMCAST HDMI later.