DC games for kids.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
McGaffryson
undertow

DC games for kids.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:18 am

I've bought a Dreamcast for a co-worker of mine that I plan to give him at the Christmas party at work in a few weeks. It isn't just for him though; he has a young child that I also intend this gift to be for. I already have a few games to go with it, E rated ones, but are there any good game recommendations for young kids ya'll can shoot me. Maybe educational or very easy to play? I already have Pajama Sam on the list (there is an emulator I have that can run it on the console) but others would be nice. :)

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: DC games for kids.

Post#2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:44 am

Donald duck goin quackers
Looney tunes space race
Super magnetic neo
Ms pac man maze madness
Mr driller

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:50 am

Anything by disney.

Pen Pen Tri Icelon is one that seems like its geared towards kids

To be honest, by the time I was about 8 or 9 in the 1990s I was already disparaging of "kid" games and pretty much exclusively wanted stuff that seemed more serious like fighting games and snowboarding games. If someone had gotten me a disney game or something overly cutesy, I would've thought it was beneath me :lol:

mr.lameandwatch
shadow

Post#4 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:04 pm

the sonic adventure games definitely should be considered! Toy commander and ooga booga are good choices too.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#5 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Kao the Kangaroo
Buzz the ligthyear
102 Dalmatians
Toy Story 2
Frogger 2
Disney Magical Racing tour
Toy Racer
Sonic Shuffle

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Rayman 2 for gods sake :)

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#7 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:19 pm

I second Toy Commander, and Toy Racer btw.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#8 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:19 am

namco museum, as games like pac man and galaga are simple enough for even a child

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#9 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:02 am

My 5 year old boy loves playing some free skate with me on Tony Hawk's 2. Saying that though he also loves playing unreal tournament with me

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:44 pm

How about Mortal Kombat Gold or Shenmue
Ok just kidding about Mortal Kombat :lol: , but sega smash pack is good and SF Rush, crazy taxi, and jet set radio are good picks.
So are the fighting games.