Flashback DEV SPOTLIGHT ROCKET RACER BETA 2 BY Trilinear[With Commentary Voice acting]DREAMCAST

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Flashback DEV SPOTLIGHT ROCKET RACER BETA 2 BY Trilinear[With Commentary Voice acting]DREAMCAST

Post#1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:25 pm

Flash back to something i was thinking this would be the wipeout homebrew for dreamcast so close yet so far :)

Amazing to think to me this was 2002 And show so much promise we not seen pretty much anything like it since :(

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Flashback DEV SPOTLIGHT ROCKET RACER BETA 2 BY Trilinear[With Commentary Voice acting]DREAMCAST

Post#2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Damn what a shame, no source? Looked impressive for a homebrew game of the time. Although it wasn't the only nice looking 3D one from those days, the amazing Stunt Racer homebrew sadly was never expanded upon.

There was another one that was a light gun shooter in 3D as well! Only a single level but damn, really impressive.

I know there were others like some game called DC Castle or something I think?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Flashback DEV SPOTLIGHT ROCKET RACER BETA 2 BY Trilinear[With Commentary Voice acting]DREAMCAST

Post#3 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:06 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Damn what a shame, no source? Looked impressive for a homebrew game of the time. Although it wasn't the only nice looking 3D one from those days, the amazing Stunt Racer homebrew sadly was never expanded upon.

There was another one that was a light gun shooter in 3D as well! Only a single level but damn, really impressive.

I know there were others like some game called DC Castle or something I think?

Stunt racer i can build and have the src and the libs for :)

willis
letterbomb

Post#4 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Ian, that is something I really wish would have came to fruition. Dreamcast didn't have a good wipeout style game (some tried ha!) and I would have really enjoyed a proper good racer like that. Thanks for showcasing the beta.

Any chance to download it? I'd like to have it, oh and the src / libs for stunt racer as well if you don't mind. I grabbed the download you provided for stunt racer already.

Anthony, is there any where I could get that revolver?

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:22 pm

I remember these. I think Rocket Racer was abandoned because the dev became employed in the game/software industry and he felt that the conditions of his employment prohibited him from continuing to work on projects like these.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:08 pm

willis wrote:Ian, that is something I really wish would have came to fruition. Dreamcast didn't have a good wipeout style game (some tried ha!) and I would have really enjoyed a proper good racer like that. Thanks for showcasing the beta.

Any chance to download it? I'd like to have it, oh and the src / libs for stunt racer as well if you don't mind. I grabbed the download you provided for stunt racer already.

Here you go.

revolver.7z
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 250 times

willis
letterbomb

Post#7 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:51 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
willis wrote:Ian, that is something I really wish would have came to fruition. Dreamcast didn't have a good wipeout style game (some tried ha!) and I would have really enjoyed a proper good racer like that. Thanks for showcasing the beta.

Here you go.

revolver.7z

Anthony, when I grow up I want an archive like you have haha!

Thank you my friend!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:45 pm

Haha. Well I started building it once already, but that HDD died not long after I started. Got a 1TB HDD I been filling up with stuff the past almost 3 or so years. Then just this year deluxux hooked me up with the mother lode, an old spare 2TB HDD full of all the stuff he archived over the past 12 years or so. I have all of Theisozone homebrew on the one I started archiving, like the older emulators and more obscure hard to find stuff. Nobody backed up the Beats of Rage mods from there that I could find. But I do have the homebrew, homebrew apps and emulators for DC from there sans the Bleem stuff. But most of that Bleem content has been reproduced by deluxux for Bleemshell thankfully.

The drive he sent me is chock full of old historical scene releases and ORARS of stuff. So it has great historical value. Now more people are focusing on playing ,GDI's with fancy box art for GDEMU and Dreamshell. However I am sure some of that stuff is hard to find on the net now. I really have to give it to him, he downloaded almost everything he could find. It is a work of art.

The one I started working on is maybe not as large as his archives, but it at least has all the harder to find homebrew stuff that was uploaded there over the span of a decade which was basically lost when TIZ shuttered.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:05 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Flash back to something i was thinking this would be the wipeout homebrew for dreamcast so close yet so far :)
Amazing to think to me this was 2002 And show so much promise we not seen pretty much anything like it since :(

Oh man I remember when this came out and thought it was so amazing someone could put such a thing together. The other I remember was called either like DCblap or DCcastle that had impressive 3D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:19 am

here is rocket racer beta 2
Rocketracer[beta2].rar
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 265 times

I get the src to the others up have to go thru my 4 tb archive

Here is the lib needed and the stuntracer src and ode port lib and decode01 missing online
libdecode[lost].rar
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 272 times

Every thing to build the demo
# ----------------------
# DC Stunt Racer 2003
# ----------------------
#
# by L@ Cible (2003)
# e-mail : la.cible.free.fr
Dc stunt racer src and textures
Dcstunt[src].rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 263 times

I was more into saving src then builds of demos as once you have the src there is a chance to build and create..

There's many src code thats still missing but if i dont have prolly no one does.. took almost 3 years to get some lost src to other projects..

to build any of these you need very old kos and know how to set up talking kos1.1.7 maybe kos1.1.8