any info on the honda submission demo? it is for msr?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

any info on the honda submission demo? it is for msr?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:43 am

This is a readme file included in one of the dreamon demos:

HONDA Submission Demo
+++++++++++++++++++++

The Honda Submission Demo does not require the GINSU library to run.

As such, there is a file caled 1st_read.bin, which is required to be executed
to run the demo. The files in this ZIP are still held within an MSR directory,
which should be copied over the most recent files from the DreamOn Demo CD
received. When the two have been combined, the MSR directory level can be removed
and the directories within it placed at ROOT level in Track 3.

e.g.

Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
1st_read.bin
Frontend
Images
Sound
Game

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: any info on the honda submission demo? it is for msr?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:43 am

https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Metropolis_Street_Racer

The alpha version had a Honda S2000 as a playable car. It's likely this car, alongside other Honda cars, were meant to be playable in the final game. However, due to a dispute from Honda, no Honda cars made it into the final game. Screenshots do exist, as does footage for it.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:31 pm

Aw man. It sucks that those Honda cars, didn't make it in the final game though.

Caspian
core

Post#4 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:10 am

I always thought that the S2000 was actually playable but hidden, i.e. someone would have to perform some specific task in order for it to be made available. Same thing with a Porsche 911, I have seen screenshots with it but I never managed to unlock it. Is it also one of the cars that never made it to the production version?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#5 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:33 am

Do you think the car is already in game ?

Caspian
core

Post#6 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:49 am

Not sure as I haven't been able to unlock either of them, however I am quite confident I have seen a screenshot of 911 in DC-UK or the UK Official Dreamcast Magazine back in the good days.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:05 pm

I asked about the Porsche in MSR on this forum a few years ago, most people said it was just a rumor that's stuck around since the game came out. Would be interesting to find something concrete to show that it exists but I'm not holding my breath. Does it even make sense that they would pay the money for permission to put a Porsche in the game, and then hid it so well that no one can tell if it really exists?

Caspian
core

Post#8 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:25 pm

You are correct, it doesn't make sense. On top of that, I think that it would not even be possible for a Porsche car to be in the game since I think at the time they still had an exclusive deal with another company to the extend that any racing game that wanted a "Porsche" in it, used the RUF derivative instead. I did a quick search in my archive however I could only find pictures of the S2000 in pre-release versions.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:29 pm

I also beat the game and never saw it or the Honda. I didn't complete every last challenge, but if they were going to put these cars in I'd think they'd at least be hinted at before you complete the game.

Stephaned38
noob

Post#10 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:04 am

Caspian wrote:I always thought that the S2000 was actually playable but hidden, i.e. someone would have to perform some specific task in order for it to be made available. Same thing with a Porsche 911 sticker personnalisé Cagnes sur mer, I have seen screenshots with it but I never managed to unlock it. Is it also one of the cars that never made it to the production version?

Tal vez los concesionarios puedan ayudarnos a encontrar el modelo del automóvil. O por qué no un gran fan aquí en el foro.