Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 Dreamcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Re_Source
noob

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:08 am

Hello!

Does any of the fans of "Legacy of Kain" still remember the canceled version of "Soul Reaver 2 Dreamcast"?

Even though it's just a different version of the console, let's face it, everyone would like to see it from the fans :D

For this day, still for now doesn't know who would be have this prototype.

We can even say that many great titles have been canceled on dreamcast :/

It's a shame this game got canceled back in the day, hopefully a playable build of Soul Reaver 2 will find its way out someday.

Last edited by Re_Source on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re_Source
noob

Re: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 Dreamcast

Post#2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:41 am

There's even been founded 4 E3 gameplay SR2 Dreamcast and it's seems that people would have possible to try sr2 dc!
1:13 / 3:49 / 4:54 and 5:38

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:23 pm

Those Soul Reaver 2 screenshots look sick ya'll. It's sad that game got cancelled though. That was one game, that I was literally planning to buy on release. Like literally.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#4 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 pm

There are many videos from the game running on DC:

https://www.facebook.com/SegaUltimate/v ... 2576684699
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#5 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Oh after all this time it is the first time I see Dreamcast footage I thought all the media available were a few screenshots.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#6 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Esppiral wrote:Oh after all this time it is the first time I see Dreamcast footage I thought all the media available were a few screenshots.

Well if you trust what eidos said there has been footage since way before release. The first trailer shown running on ps2 was mentioned to be identical to the DC version so it was a good representation. (According to eidos).

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#7 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am

The thing is that it may be builds in the wild of the Dreamcast version, until now I only saw screenshots, nothing in motion

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#8 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Esppiral wrote:The thing is that it may be builds in the wild of the Dreamcast version, until now I only saw screenshots, nothing in motion

Things is how do we even know it's running on DC? The character model from soul reaver 1 was an indication but eidos themselves said that footage/ screenshots were outdated compared to their latest build where they use the same character model as the ps2. So there might be DC builds tht aren't as obvious is all I am saying.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#9 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:32 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:
Esppiral wrote:The thing is that it may be builds in the wild of the Dreamcast version, until now I only saw screenshots, nothing in motion

Things is how do we even know it's running on DC? The character model from soul reaver 1 was an indication but eidos themselves said that footage/ screenshots were outdated compared to their latest build where they use the same character model as the ps2. So there might be DC builds tht aren't as obvious is all I am saying.

The SR 1 on DC it was a bad port from PS1. Sometimes you think its running from bleemcast.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#10 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:59 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:
cloofoofoo wrote:

The SR 1 on DC it was a bad port from PS1. Sometimes you think its running from bleemcast.

What are you talking about? I am saying you can't always depend on the sr2 screenshot with the sr1 character model because eidos said they replaced that model with the same model as the ps2 version which makes it less obvious what's running on what.