Dreamcast games that recognize A, B, C, X, Y, Z, L, and R buttons

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
The Ndo
rebel

Dreamcast games that recognize A, B, C, X, Y, Z, L, and R buttons

Post#1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi All

I found out that Guilty Gear X recognizes all 8 digital buttons on the Saturn Virtua Stick as A, B, C, X, Y, Z, L and R when I use the Total Control 3. Has anyone found other games that allow for different functions to be assigned to L/R/C/Z? I also know that Quake 3, Kiss Psycho Circus and 4 Wheel Thunder allow for it (as well as D button, D Pad 1 and D Pad 2) when you use a Panther DC controller.

The Ndo
rebel

Re: Dreamcast games that recognize A, B, C, X, Y, Z, L, and R buttons

Post#2 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 pm

You can add Vigilante 8 to this list. You can assign functions to 8 buttons when using a Saturn Virtua Stick or a Panther DC.

The Ndo
rebel

Post#3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:33 am

Star Wars Demolition Racer will also recognize L & R triggers and C & Z buttons as individual buttons when using a Panther DC controller.

The Ndo
rebel

Post#4 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:08 am

I was playing Dynamite cop with a Saturn Virtua Stick and a Saturn controller with a Total Control 3. Both register as a Dreamcast arcade stick, which then automatically assigns punch, kick and jump to the A, B and C buttons. What was interesting was that you also are allowed to use L and R (L+R= escape) instead of using A+B+C. This works really well on the Saturn pad as using A + B + C isn't easy to do when holding a controller.