Dreamcast Video Thread

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: Dreamcast Dreamland - new Sega series - Crazy Taxi - 5/18

Post#1451 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:16 am

Just a total 10/10 game. One of the best reasons to own a Dreamcast

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: Dreamcast Dreamland - new Sega series - Rez - 5/11

Post#1452 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:17 am

mistamontiel wrote:Wish was code invincible there's saves sure but won't play through it all lol

Sega's trademark challenging superhuman difficulty and especially there's a alternate quick good+ ending even tougher to acquire!

keeps the replay value high!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#1453 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:43 pm

What do you think of Super Runabout? I recall IGN's review back in the day basically said it was a crummier version of Crazy Taxi, and while there are several surface similarities, I actually prefer to play Super Runabout (bigger selection of vehicles, bigger environments, more varied missions/goals for you to do with the cars, charming bizarre story that is hinted at). It's one of my personal "hidden gems" for the system, and it was pretty good for a Windows CE game.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#1454 » Wed May 19, 2021 2:05 pm

I looove Dreamcast Runabout! And that crazy jet blue fire bonus vehicle (lolong time) been meaning to throw down a replay of it lool

beanboy
Wazza

Post#1455 » Wed May 19, 2021 2:23 pm

Nice Crazy Taxi vid. 8-)

I always loved that Crazy Taxi game. That was one of the first games I played on my dreamcast years ago. I plan on playing it again this year too.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#1456 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:33 am

A game I just love 100%. It has everything I want in an RE game and IMO the Dreamcast version is still the best version

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#1457 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:34 am

dark wrote:What do you think of Super Runabout? I recall IGN's review back in the day basically said it was a crummier version of Crazy Taxi, and while there are several surface similarities, I actually prefer to play Super Runabout (bigger selection of vehicles, bigger environments, more varied missions/goals for you to do with the cars, charming bizarre story that is hinted at). It's one of my personal "hidden gems" for the system, and it was pretty good for a Windows CE game.

Super Runabout is a fun time too. Def not as good as Crazy Taxi but a guilty pleasure game for sure!

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: Dreamcast Dreamland - new Sega series - RE: Code Veronica - 5/25

Post#1458 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:26 am

Just a straight 10/10 amazing game

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast Dreamland - new Sega series - MvC 2 - 6/1

Post#1459 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Why do you like the soundtrack? That seems to be a point of contention among fans, including myself. Great game, its fun to have the wide variety of characters and outrageous moves, but the smooth jazz just doesn't fit whats happening on the screen to me.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: Dreamcast Dreamland - new Sega series - MvC 2 - 6/1

Post#1460 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 am

Jambo Safari. It was supposed to come to DC but was cancelled...which is a huge bummer