Starlancer mods?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Cass
MegaDeath

Starlancer mods?

Post#1 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:55 pm

I played the single player game a lot back in the day but tried it recently for the first time in 20 years and to be honest found it very tricky and disorienting - not the gamer I once was but still a very fun game really although it's a coin toss imo as to witch is better Starlancer or Bang Gunship elite.

It did get me thinking that Starlancer must have had a big mod scene on PC in the early 2000's. After a Google I could only find two mods Starlancer Reborn and Starlancer Sol War - does anyone know if there were any attempts at porting these onto the DC?

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Starlancer mods?

Post#2 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:41 pm

I've never heard of anyone doing modding to Starlancer on DC but its a neat idea.

Unlike Half Life, it wasn't a Windows CE game, so that makes me wonder if the PC mod content could be "easily" moved over the DC version, or if the DC version is heavily customized for the hardware and mod stuff won't be easily converted/added.

Cass
MegaDeath

Re: Starlancer mods?

Post#3 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Could have sworn it was a Windows CE game but I don't think any work was done on porting those mods. Might not be possible as you say but even if it was I'm sure someone back in the early 2000's would have mulled it over and rightly concluded they didn't need to :p.