Confidential Mission JPN CDI Help

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SegaRetroDude
rebel

Confidential Mission JPN CDI Help

Post#1 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 pm

Can someone upload the JPN CDI of Confidential Mission? I cannot find it anywhere. I have a JPN lightgun and need the JPN version for it to work. Thank you in advance!

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Confidential Mission JPN CDI Help

Post#2 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:27 pm

if you have access to the download section you should try the ultimate archive there.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#3 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:59 am

SegaRetroDude wrote:Can someone upload the JPN CDI of Confidential Mission? I cannot find it anywhere. I have a JPN lightgun and need the JPN version for it to work. Thank you in advance!

with ODE you could play NTSC-U games with a Japanese light gun

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#4 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:36 am

Sega region locking the light gun is one of the weirdest moves I've ever seen done

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:09 am

Will it was done for the mass school shooting so sega usa did not want promote guns and kids.. was not weird at the time no change to canning Propeller arena.. lucky i played them in australia as it was not locked in in pal dreamcast guns..

megavolt85
Developer

Post#6 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Vgesoterica wrote:Sega region locking the light gun is one of the weirdest moves I've ever seen done

In America, there were cases when cops killed people with light guns, so they banned light guns that are black and resemble real weapons, in order to avoid hitting the American market for light guns from other regions in which light guns could look like real weapons, was introduced given regional blocking

SegaRetroDude
rebel

Post#7 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 pm

dubcity wrote:if you have access to the download section you should try the ultimate archive there.

Sadly neither of the links for the JPN CDI are working there.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#8 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:52 pm

SegaRetroDude wrote:
dubcity wrote:if you have access to the download section you should try the ultimate archive there.

Sadly neither of the links for the JPN CDI are working there.

Well that was my best guess for you if you're burning a disc. Maybe check archive.org

If you have gdemu or other ode you can follow megavolt advice and use USA hacked gun games from collection thread.

lymando
noob

Post#9 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 am

Can you post a link to that?

Absurd
undertow

Post#10 » Sun May 30, 2021 5:03 am

https://cdromance.com/dc-iso/confidenti ... ion-japan/

Hope this link doesn't contravene any rules, if it does please remove immediately.