Dream pi not finding servers after one time use

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
X3shaggyx6
noob

Dream pi not finding servers after one time use

Post#1 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 pm

So about two months ago I purchased the dream pi kit from the website. I plugged in and work fine . I was able to play Quake 3 for like 20 mins before shutting it off. Two hrs go by and I want to play again so I plug it back in and was able to connect but couldn't find any servers. After a long day of troubleshooting it I contacted the seller and he said maybe I currupted the file that was on the SD card. So I sent it back to him he rewrote the file back on the SD card. Got back the SD card plugged everything back in and was able to play again. Now the next day I'm having the same problem not being able to find any servers. And I can see people play on the dream cast now site. Does any have any clue on why this is happening?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dream pi not finding servers after one time use

Post#2 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:10 am

It definitely sounds like an IP address conflict. Another device on your network is using the *.*.*.98 IP address that the Dreamcast is trying to use. Could be the Pi or another device. The best thing to do would be to check on your router configuration page, look at the list of devices, and see what's using that IP. From there you can figure out what device needs to be assigned a different IP.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live