Official NTSC-U Region Light Gun Discovered

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
megavolt85
Developer

Re: Official NTSC-U Region Light Gun Discovered

Post#21 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:12 pm

Sketcz wrote:I'm using a USB-GD to run the GDI, on a PAL system. Latest firmware. RGB SCART cable.

always with this USB-GDROM some problems :evil:
replace track03.iso
track03.7z
(16.44 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

megavolt85
Developer

Post#22 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:26 pm

Sketcz wrote:So on behalf of the other four people who have been waiting to play Death Crimson in English with guns, you have my sincerest and deep felt thanks Megavolt.

I hope that such a fan of the light gun knows about 5 games from atomiswave that are now available on dreamcast :)

Sketcz
dark night

Post#23 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:52 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Sketcz wrote:So on behalf of the other four people who have been waiting to play Death Crimson in English with guns, you have my sincerest and deep felt thanks Megavolt.

I hope that such a fan of the light gun knows about 5 games from atomiswave that are now available on dreamcast :)

Yes, thank you! :D

I downloaded the entire Atomiswave set when I got my USB-GD. So far I've only played Dolphin Blue, but I intend to dip into the lightgun games soon.

Thanks in advance for the replacement file - I will test it today and let you know if there's any problems.

I quite like USB-GD since it allows me to add or remove games without needing to rebuild the menu file every time. I update my SD card two or three times a day, trying to create the perfect list, so something like GD-EMU would drive me mad. :lol:

megavolt85
Developer

Post#24 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:29 am

Sketcz wrote:so something like GD-EMU would drive me mad. :lol:

In fact, with the release of Gdmenu Card Manager, the game on the SD card has become the same as simple as adding games through the operating system file manager

Sketcz
dark night

Post#25 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:43 am

Oh? I read a tutorial on something like this, but it seemed time consuming since it still needed to "build" the menu image.

Ah well. I ended up with USB-GD, so for better or for worse, this is the ship I now sail.

Onwards across the seas!

EDIT:
Tested and it works! Fantastic - thank you very much!!

hipsofjw
shadow

Post#26 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:58 am

Sketcz wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:
Sketcz wrote:Thoughts? Ideas?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13313

Thank you!

I am surprised that despite extensive Googling all I could find are some old Reddit threads and this thread. Like, I'm surprised there aren't any big top search results explicitly showing fixes for these lightgun games.

Downloading DCOX with lightgun patch now. I take it you were responsible, given your credit for the hyperlink, or did you just supply the link?

Either way, this is exactly what I needed! So thank you very much. I'll be sure to point others here if I come across anyone needing the fixes.

Can anyone reupload these patches somewhere? I am unable to access this thread and can't find the patches elsewhere.

fraggle200
chill

Post#27 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:25 am

hipsofjw wrote:
https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewto ... 22&t=13313

Can anyone reupload these patches somewhere? I am unable to access this thread and can't find the patches elsewhere.

They're still there. Can't rem what the rules are but it's either:
you need your first post verified
OR you need at least 5 posts on the board.

Either way, until whichever one it is, is met then you won't be able to access or see the download section.

Miguelacho
shadow

Post#28 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:34 pm

They're still there. Can't rem what the rules are but it's either:
you need your first post verified
OR you need at least 5 posts on the board.

Either way, until whichever one it is, is met then you won't be able to access or see the download section.

Hi I just registered and Im unauthorized to view the post, I hope posting this will help me.

alucard_ecm
noob

Post#29 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:36 am

Hi! I'm posting to get access to the patches too... I'm one of those five guys who want to play these games with my light gun in english with 60hz!! Lol.

rawlangs
noob

Post#30 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:10 pm

If someone could point me toward these patched ROMs, pref CDI, that would be greatly appreciated! Bought two Japanese guns, and while it’s super fun to play HoTD2 at home, I would love to be able to read the subtitles. The voice acting is… something.