Shenmue the animation

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
fafadou
Gold Lion

Shenmue the animation

Post#1 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:51 am

Hi,

Not exactly dreamcast but the trailer for Shenmue the animation is released today :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96mSYKPqGHY

Coming in 2022

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Re: Shenmue the animation

Post#2 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:46 am

Shenmue is the "Star Wars" off Dreamcast at least 20 years ago for me. I can't say the same for Shenmue 3 at all due to the bad story decisions that left me so cold and upset.

Retconning the Seven Star Sword the ultimate mystical ending telling us yeah we opening up this world to another new level now. Say the same to Bailu Village not what was showcased when shenmue.com showed off those images off Ryo running around real rural areas and doing leg lifts up! Dreamcast Bailu Village which was pictured mapped out in Shenhua home on that table. Should had have been strictly that over that mini gambling village for that chapter.

I got to point out that Yu Suzuki has showed us way too much off all 16 chapters. I don't buy that 11 chapter from VF RPG as current because off one big flaw!

The Shenmue 50.png
The Shenmue 50.png (51.9 KiB) Viewed 4885 times

See this nearly about 50 important characters here in total. Not going to get a high res shot off this infamous poster in this lifetime.

Whole point off this anime is too bring in new audiences. What about the old who are aware off the questions after all that teasing? Chapter 2 on the Boat against Chai if that's in okay cool. If the Four Chi You Men Leaders are reduced to two okay not so cool. That character tree is important for any real long life fans. Just the real story to be told fully isn't that with us all!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Okok don't skewer me, but was the story to Shenmue all that interesting? Yeah it was an amazing game for the time with all the open world stuff, but the plot seemed to be fairly basic. I'm sure the anime will ad in all kinds of flourishes and changes to make the episodes more interesting. It would be awful to watch Ryo wander around town for multiple episodes having short trite conversations with everyone in town and then going to the arcade and spending lots of money on capsule toys, and then running around on a forklift moving boxes for multiple episodes. :lol:

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#4 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Man I cant wait to hear ear pleasing English dub. :lol:

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:32 pm

I bet we get the shenmue storyline of shenmue 1,2,&3.
Then shenmue 4 gets released on ps5 in 2025.
Shenmue 4 the final part of the storyline and what would have been a series of shenmue 5,6,7,8. (or more?)
If we wait another 20 years for the final chapters of the game, then no1 will be interested or possibly alive that even cares anymore.
idk lol

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:43 am

They should give Akira in Virtua Fighter 5 a skin to make him wear Ryo's leather jacket and jeans.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:29 am

Maybe the animation takes place before Shenmue 4. Like between Shenmue 3 and leads up to 4.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:51 pm

I'll watch it but I have very low expectations for it. I will also have to speed read so I can actually follow the story if it goes beyond Shenmue 3. I wish it would be in English with Cory Marshall as Ryu.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs