Omikron The Nomad Soul - Interest Revival thread due to timely name

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
jadelocked
lithium

Re: Omikron The Nomad Soul - Interest Revival thread due to timely name

Post#11 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:29 am

Hi just wanted to say I have a problem and a solution that works for me, just wanted to share in case anyone wants to try this game. I wasted a couple discs trying this game because the hacks I found here deleted not just the David Bowie music they deleted all background noise, made the game feel especially empty because they fly around the city for minutes in the opening cutscenes and the game also has no loading screens which makes it feel bigger and emptier without background noise.

There's apparently a 99 minute version does anyone know why these are made? Who has 99 minute discs???
For the current price availability of 99 minute discs which may not work, I got a SD serial card boot disc and it actually loads Omikron GDI perfectly. So now the game has load screens but I noticed on disc it already slowed down around these checkpoints which ruins the no load feature anyway so the ' load screens' are acceptable, it's not like this isn't a slow game already. By the way there's a run button the game doesn't mention early enough if at all.

I really like this game now that I got to hear the background noise when you enter Elroy's room for the first time. It feels immediately creepy and the flames around the city look better as well as the blue decorative flames, I was just looking around in awe compared to the disc getting bored in under 10 minutes until I thought to try the SD card.