Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Christmas-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nz17
St.Jimmy
Dreamcast Games you play Online: 4x4 Evo
AFO
ChuChu
IGP
Next Tetris
Ooga Booga
PBA
PSOv2
Planet Ring
SEGA Swirl
Worms World Party

Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Christmas-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

Post by Nz17 »

Prizes:
One copy of Quake III Arena for SEGA Dreamcast.

How:
Design a Christmas-themed Visual Chat image using Phantasy Star Online (any ver. for Dreamcast) and post it in this thread.

When:
By 2021-Dec-27 at 23:59:59 Mountain Time (UTC-0700).

What:
Simply create a PSO Visual Chat with the theme of "Christmas." For example, it could be an image of an evergreen tree or Santa Claus or Santa's cap or a reindeer or wrapped gifts or a snowman.

Guidelines:
Please post image submissions here at this thread at the DC Talk message board. Submitted imagery can be either a screenshot using a Dreamcast controller with a blank VMU in port D, a screen capture using something like an El Gato capture card, a photograph using a camera phone or a regular camera, or a video such as a cool time-lapse of the Visual Chat being created.

Submissions:
Two submissions are allowed per person - be creative, be artistic! This compo. is not only for the United States - it is a global event. Let's go, world!

Judging:
I, Nz17, will pick the winner at my sole discretion some time after the deadline. Criteria when judging will include theme-appropriateness, creativity, artistic merit, intricacy of design, and more. The winner will be announced here in this thread. The winner will be notified by P.M. The winner's chosen prize will be mailed some time during January 2022.

I wish good fortune to all! Now get drawing! Perhaps you will be the one whom serendipity chooses!
Last edited by Nz17 on Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gocha
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: hope to play them all!

Re: Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Christmas-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

Post by Gocha »

posting to keep this topic on the front page. Thanks again for the initiative, I've been having problems with my dreamcast, it just wont stay on, it resets over and over. If I can fix it I'll try to make a symbol to celebrate christmass.

Grey Fox
lithium

Re: Win a Dreamcast Game! Create a Christmas-themed Visual Chat with PSO for Your Chance to Win!

Post by Grey Fox »

Sounds like a possible Power Board issue. It is quite common for the resetting problem to be caused by a bad connection between the 4 Pins where the Powerboard connects to the Motherboard.

It is an easy fix.

Unplug your Dreamcast and remove the screws from the bottom of the case.
Lift the top half of the console off
On the left you will see the Power Board - this connects via some pins

If you unscrew the Powerboard and lift it clear you can bend these pins in order to make the connection better.

Then replace the powerboard and put the top back on and re-insert the screws.

Alternative is to "wedge" these pins into the socket a little better.

This usually resolves it and is an easy fix that doesn't require any technical skills or soldering etc

Hope that helps!

Stooball
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Post by Stooball »

I made a Yuletide Wreath

killbot80k
fire

Post by killbot80k »

I'll go. Here is one that I made a while ago.

Stooball
shadow

Post by Stooball »

Love it!! I also made a Christmas Tree!

Nz17
St.Jimmy
AFO
ChuChu
IGP
Next Tetris
Ooga Booga
PBA
PSOv2
Planet Ring
SEGA Swirl
Worms World Party

Post by Nz17 »

Imgur is kind of dead at the moment (#500 server errors). Could you all post your pictures here, please? Thank you. :)

Stooball
shadow

Post by Stooball »

VKNIGHT20
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3, Chu Chu Rocket, 4x4 evolution, Worms, IGP, NFL 2k2, NCAA 2k2, NBA 2k1, WSB 2k2.

Post by VKNIGHT20 »

Merry Christmas everyone! Made myself an Ornament, and a Christmas Gift for a submission.

(https://www.imgur.com/a/D1GQl5q)

(https://www.imgur.com/a/MDL6Bqx)
John 3:16

Nz17
St.Jimmy
AFO
ChuChu
IGP
Next Tetris
Ooga Booga
PBA
PSOv2
Planet Ring
SEGA Swirl
Worms World Party

Post by Nz17 »

Remember, everyone, you still have until 2021 December 27th at 23:59:59 Mountain Time (UTC-0700) to submit your PSO picture for your chance to win!