Brook Wingman SD questions for owners of one.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Brook Wingman SD questions for owners of one.

Post#41 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am

"I also opened it up and removed the Saturn cable from it and patched the hole with a little hot glue. Then, I hot glued the adapter to the left side of the console - it's looking much more tidy and kinda bad-ass now."

Anthony just voided the warranty in record time! :lol:
Last edited by MoeFoh on Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#42 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:04 pm

Haha yeah, I just hated an extra cable hanging off of it not doing anything. Since I don't own a Saturn no reason for it. So much cleaner looking now. It is mounted to the side of my DC with the USB facing out the front for easy access.

I was inspired by this guy, but I used hot glue instead, and rotated it so could still use USB easily. Kind of reminds me a bit of those addons for OG Xbox that came out the front.

Anyway, I think it is much cleaner looking this way and makes the DC look cool too.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#43 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:12 pm

It's maybe why you have input lag, due to wireless controller ?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#44 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Well, that is the thing, my controller is not able to be used wirelessly since it has the latest Xbox controller firmware which breaks compatibility. So I have to use USB cable for it.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#45 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:18 pm

Crazy, but I BT paired my 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ in SWITCH mode to my WingmanSD (BETA FW 1.4d) and OMG, it works. :o
The 8BitDo BT dongle is not needed in this configuration.
Vibration works as well as true analog triggers.
Turbo needs to be configured using the Ultimate Software app.
I'm not feeling any noticeable lag, but I may not be the best judge of that.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#46 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 pm

I think the Retro-Bit controllers work the same for it. Brook is really trying to support many controllers as possible here.

No1Dopechampion
rebel

Post#47 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:48 pm

I have been desperate to get my xbox one 20th anniversary edition controller working with the brook. Maybe my prayers have been answered, 8bitdo have released another dongle that works with series x/s controllers.
Have placed an order for one, and I'll let you guys know if it resolves the incompatibility of the new BLE issue.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#48 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:13 pm

No1Dopechampion wrote:I have been desperate to get my xbox one 20th anniversary edition controller working with the brook. Maybe my prayers have been answered, 8bitdo have released another dongle that works with series x/s controllers.
Have placed an order for one, and I'll let you guys know if it resolves the incompatibility of the new BLE issue.

I couldn't get the 8bitdo to work with the Wingman. The Mayflash does work when set to x-input mode. They have fairly frequent firmware updates.

https://www.mayflash.com/product/showproduct.php?id=45

A better solution would be for Brook to come out with an updated Wingman which supports BLE, but that may never happen.
- Charles Bukowski

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#49 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:08 pm

No1Dopechampion wrote:I have been desperate to get my xbox one 20th anniversary edition controller working with the brook. Maybe my prayers have been answered, 8bitdo have released another dongle that works with series x/s controllers.

You can roll back the firmware on Xbox One controllers and use them wireless with the Brook Wingman converters

No1Dopechampion
rebel

Post#50 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:31 pm

Unfortunately after following a guide , not been able to roll back the controller firmware. All I get is a notification stating the FW is up to date without any option to rollback. I even have the official microsoft usb dongle and that doesnt even power up when inserted into the Brook.