Dead or Alive 2 Limited : disc print issues?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
VirtuaShenmue
fire

Dead or Alive 2 Limited : disc print issues?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:10 am

After owning the standard DOA2 for two decades, I finally decided to get also the japanese version DOA2 LE for the additional content.

While testing it I noticed that two music tracks in praticular have problems (testing those two in the sound test, one track doesn't start at all, and the other play for 2-3 seconds and restart itself every time).

Disc is like new, clean and almost scratch free. Game apart those 2 tracks works fine, the DC is unmodded and the gdrom drive have no issues.

My question is: do you know if there were some bad press batches of DOA2 LE disc in Japan?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Dead or Alive 2 Limited : disc print issues?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:59 pm

Which? I'll whip mine out and see

I never understood Japan-exclusive LE.. I mean US release date is the same? And I probably counted a whopping what, eight character roster?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#3 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:37 am

mistamontiel wrote:Which? I'll whip mine out and see

I never understood Japan-exclusive LE.. I mean US release date is the same? And I probably counted a whopping what, eight character roster?

Release dates are different actually- the US version came out in Feb 2000 while Limited Edition dropped in Sept 2000. The latter (Limited Edition) has a lot of new content in comparison to the US release, such as Tengu and Bayman being unlockable characters, new costumes, new stages, the inclusion of Sparring mode for Tag Battle, Watch Mode, the User Profile System, online play and a Gallery Mode with character renders.

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#4 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:42 am

mistamontiel wrote:Which? I'll whip mine out and see

The tracks are the 4 (B-boy no "B" ~evolved from ++~") and the 9 (You are under my control ~beautiful version 00~").

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Sorry I don't know Bayman and idn't Tengu the villain? I thought it was Codebreaker to use it/him

EDIT: I've jus tested those two BGMs, they're playing fine no issue here

I went into Story real quick and I see ten fighters to select

EDIT 2: The damn door has been long broke so I whipped out a Uline replacement jewel case but the manual is super thick almost multilingual thick not work

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:38 pm

I don't have my copy anymore but it always played fine.

VirtuaShenmue
fire

Post#7 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:11 pm

thanks for the test.
Seems like a bad luck with my copy.