Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
cmoxm
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None

Re: Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

Post by cmoxm »

Is it possible then to get Quake 2 from the N64 and have it on the dreamcast? There must be a way to have Quake 2 on the dreamcast with sound.
cmoxm
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None

Post by cmoxm »

Ian Micheal wrote:
cmoxm wrote:Is it possible to get Quake 2 running on the Dreamcast with sound? I'm astonished the N64 can run Quake 2 fine.
Well it's not really quake 2 as in pc source on n64 is it.. Homebrew quake 2 port to dc is direct pc ..

Which uses 28mb with sound on so would never run on a n64.. What looks like quake 2 on n64 is not pc quake 2.

Is it possible to have the Nintendo 64 version on Dreamcast then?
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

cmoxm wrote:Is it possible then to get Quake 2 from the N64 and have it on the dreamcast? There must be a way to have Quake 2 on the dreamcast with sound.
Only way right now is bleemshell or bleemcast beta using ps1 version..
Jako
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ChuChuRocket
Planet Ring
Quake 3
Maximum Pool
PSO v2
Next Tetris
4x4 Evo
Starlancer...

Post by Jako »

Scud Race!!!

Only a tech demo exists, but sure that the Dreamcast can move a great port of that game.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!
g1__
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none

Post by g1__ »

mine's gotta be "If It Happen", it looked so good..
gilvan666
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: QUAKE III ARENA, UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

Post by gilvan666 »

Shinobi
Dreamcast NTSC, MOD BIOS, MOD VGA, MOD IDE.
CORE316
photon blast

Post by CORE316 »

Dino Crisis 2 Port with Dreamcast VMU features
Castlevania Resurrection
Geist Force
Agartha
Type X: Spiral Nightmare; Never knew about that one until @Green Ranger pointed out ;-)

Be good to have full complete Games.
Maztr_0n
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Nothing Just Yet... But Likely 4x4 Evo will be First!

Post by Maztr_0n »

Dirge Of Ram wrote:Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

Whenever they say "wasn't marketable or worth doing" very poor excuses. I would have took a PS1 port never really liked the crowded NPC's environments levels brought in on PS2/Xbox.
They put it on the god damn N64 in 2002, that ended up being that systems last game! I dont know why they didnt just put the game on the dreamcast.
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||
Maztr_0n
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Nothing Just Yet... But Likely 4x4 Evo will be First!

Post by Maztr_0n »

Black & White, Messiah, Half-Life, GTAIII, Baldur's Gate, Microsoft (Combat) Flight Simulator, Midtown Madness, SSX, Chakan, Max Payne, Rally Masters, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, V.I.P. (just ironically....), Turok 2, The Urbz: Sims in the City, Worms Pinball

and in terms of unconfirmed games:

Deus Ex, Driver 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3...

We lost so much thanks to the March 01 Discontinuation... Oh well!
Maztr_0n
fire

Post by Maztr_0n »

Dirge Of Ram wrote: I would have took a PS1 port never really liked the crowded NPC's environments levels brought in on PS2/Xbox.
though one thing i would add is personally i would prefer if it was the PS2 version or at least partially based on that one, the crowded stuff just kind of felt like you were really tearing up on a regular weekday without giving a flying fuck. maybe a kind of mix of the PS1 and PS2 versions would work wonders!