Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
walawiski
noob

Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

Post#1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:19 pm

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post. I was just curious what people's most wanted cancelled games for the dreamcast are? Ones that we hope may turn up one day or ones that may have not made it that far in development? Mine would have to be GTA III, loved that game on xbox back in the day. Respond with some of yours!

Sboomboom
shadow

Re: Most Wanted Cancelled Game?!

Post#2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:55 pm

Hi! This is my first post too! My choice would be Virtua Golf/Dynamic Golf. As I'm sure you know, there's only the bobble head cartoony golf games except minor segments in Sega Sports Jam. I would love to chill and play an actual golf game on DC.

Spleet
dark night

Post#3 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 am

I don't know if it was ever in dev, but Soul Calibur 2 added a lot of great material for story mode to the console franchise. It wouldn't have been a huge stretch to be on DC. Sans Link of course.

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:45 am

Soul reaver 2

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#5 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

Whenever they say "wasn't marketable or worth doing" very poor excuses. I would have took a PS1 port never really liked the crowded NPC's environments levels brought in on PS2/Xbox.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#6 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:38 pm

VF4 and Sega GT 2, I find it impossible that Sega hasn't done any work on these games for the Dreamcast.

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#7 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:02 pm

Most of the interesting games were released for other consoles. It would be nice to see this game running on Dreamcast hardware (or just to place it in your collection) but I would go a step further and exklude all this kind of games from my view. Like the obivious ones (GTA 3, Max Payne...) and name more games like Castlevania Resurrection.

Without looking into the available lists online my vote goes to:

Chakan (2)

Green Ranger
killer

Post#8 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:25 pm

I REALLY want to check out Type X: Spiral Nightmare- a cancelled survival horror game. There's gotta be a prototype out there somewhere!

typexgr1200.png

typexng1100.png

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#9 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:26 pm

Shu’s online Quake world..

Caspian
core

Post#10 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:25 am

Agartha, by far one of the most ambitious game designs at its time. Maybe it's implementation would have flopped (I don't think so) but I still consider it as a lost jewel. If I had a choice for one single canceled DC game to ever be released it would be this one most definitely.