What do you want to see out of a Dreamcast Mini?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
krovellium
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena
PSO
ChuChu Rocket
Worms World Party
Internet Game Pack

Re: What do you want to see out of a Dreamcast Mini?

Post by krovellium »

mfs be like "i want the dreamcast mini to have online functionality"
my brother in christ dreampi is community technology, sega rarely works with the community
dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

krovellium wrote:mfs be like "i want the dreamcast mini to have online functionality"
my brother in christ dreampi is community technology, sega rarely works with the community

Indeed dreamcast has dreampi and restored online in some games thanks to the homebrew community. And that's great.
But this thread is speculating about a dreamcast mini and what SEGA might or might not do with it vs what the homebrew community has done.
Gogalon
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Space Channel 5, Legacy of Kain, Phantasy Star Online.

Post by Gogalon »

I'd like it if it had the power to save to SD Cards, that way if we had the ability we could boot up Homebrews. In fact, maybe they could take several of the more notable and highest praisesd homebrews and add them to the collection.

WiFi of course for Quake, PSO, Bomberman and Alien Front of course. Maybe with servers that could be hosted locally, so we won't have to worry about them ever going down again? That's just a pipe dream though.