3D-Printable GD-ROM Drive Lid!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

3D-Printable GD-ROM Drive Lid!

Post#1 » Sun May 01, 2022 11:54 am

I've been working on this project almost non-stop for the last week and it's finally completed! :D You can now customize your Dreamcast with a 3D-printed lid! You can grab the files from the Printables page here. Be sure to post pics if you print one!

I'll probably put these up for sale in the Dreamcast Live Shop soon as well if anyone without a 3D printer is interested in one.

dclid1.png

dclid2.png
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

syhulyme
noob

Re: 3D-Printable GD-ROM Drive Lid!

Post#2 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:09 pm

I've done a little looking and have not found anything. I wanted to possibly mod a GameCube to run full-sized discs instead of the small ones and still be able to close. I do not want to cut up the original lid though. I have a 3D printer that prints very nicely, and I want to know if anyone has printed a lid that fits larger discs before I go out of my way to design one myself
Last edited by syhulyme on Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: 3D-Printable GD-ROM Drive Lid!

Post#3 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:35 pm

On the gamecube, there used to be aftermarket cases you could buy for the system that had extra space to fit regular sized discs. They might have been called viper cases or something like that.