Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Wesker
dark night

Re: Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

Post#81 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:39 am

cloofoofoo wrote:
Ragfish wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Got some info on Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. It was about 90% complete. :)

I'd always wondered about that game. The PC version had higher minimum specs than even games like Half Life did, and Factor 5 stated that the N64's cartridge format and the ability to stream quickly assets from it was a major asset to getting the game running as the levels were way too big to fit into ram. It always made me curious how well disc based consoles from the time would have handled it, as the PS1 and DC versions were both canceled

All I know is the levels in that game are absolutely huge and my old computer took over a full minute to load most of them, so it'd have been a massive undertaking regardless. But Factor 5 had some of the most insanely talented programmers in the industry at the time, so who knows.

It isnt much a issue considering the dc has 3 times the amount of ram or double even with n64 expansion. Not to mention the dreamcast already does a couple of massive stream only games like crazy taxi 1+2 and skies of arcadia and even soul reaver.

Judging by what pcwizard says it would have handled it just fine and even with enhancements. Id rather see factor 5 do a dc game from scratch, considering they had a great reputation for being technically sound.

Are we assuming here that Factor 5 was the developer of the Dreamcast version? Because most likely it wasn't the case.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#82 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:46 am

Wesker wrote:Are we assuming here that Factor 5 was the developer of the Dreamcast version? Because most likely it wasn't the case.

That's correct. Factor 5 did the N64 version but the Dreamcast port was being done internally at LucasArts by the same team that did the PC version.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pitito
dark night

Post#83 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:43 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Wesker wrote:Are we assuming here that Factor 5 was the developer of the Dreamcast version? Because most likely it wasn't the case.

That's correct. Factor 5 did the N64 version but the Dreamcast port was being done internally at LucasArts by the same team that did the PC version.

This is interesting, do you know if the game was developed in WINCE or did they use Katana?

Leyenda03
shadow

Post#84 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:08 am

but is there a functional game prototype to test it?

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#85 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:35 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:That's correct. Factor 5 did the N64 version but the Dreamcast port was being done internally at LucasArts by the same team that did the PC version.

Do you have a name for whoever you talked to, or are they anonymous? Also, did they comment at all about PS1 version that was apparently planned but also canceled?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#86 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:23 pm

Ragfish wrote:Do you have a name for whoever you talked to, or are they anonymous? Also, did they comment at all about PS1 version that was apparently planned but also canceled?

I don't like to mention names unless I'm given permission. A lot of devs are still wary of NDAs, even 20+ years later. lol

Didn't ask about the PS1 version.
PSO Characters:

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#87 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:08 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:I don't like to mention names unless I'm given permission. A lot of devs are still wary of NDAs, even 20+ years later. lol

Didn't ask about the PS1 version.

Very understandable, though if you're still in contact with him I'd love to find out more about the rumored PS1 port if possible

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#88 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:32 am

This Indy game has the potential to become the new holy grail of the Dreamcast.
I want it now, way more than sr2.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#89 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:22 am

I've been speaking more with the Indiana Jones dev and he told me he does have backups of the DC build. He's not willing to release them for obvious legal reasons but he did say he'd try and get the game running on his Dreamcast within the next couple weeks or so and send me some screenshots. :-)
PSO Characters:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#90 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:24 pm

Sucha turd

Sharing it doesn't put his name on it anyways what happened to the thousands of us who wrongfully dabbled with Castlevania where the feds mane