Rare Dreamcast Games Video - Giga Wing 2, Project Justice & Cannon Spike

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
arcade_adriano82
noob

Rare Dreamcast Games Video - Giga Wing 2, Project Justice & Cannon Spike

Post#1 » Thu May 26, 2022 5:04 am

Hi Guys!

Here is a quick video showcasing 3 of the rarest Dreamcast games ever made! Giga Wing 2, Project Justice and Cannon Spike! I would be honoured if you took a quick look and provided any feedback?

Which of these games is your favourite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHeqjmVoJZI

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Rare Dreamcast Games Video - Giga Wing 2, Project Justice & Cannon Spike

Post#2 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:00 am

Project Justice is my favorite of those three. Its a much longer game than the others, lots more replay value with the unlockables.

Caspian
core

Post#3 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Project Justice, hands down. I feel that the replay value of this game is just one of the highest in Dreamcast games. I just love beginning a Saturday morning with some of these anime-like bouts.

Very interesting that you mention the current prices of these games. Once someone has bought a game, usually he doesn't have the incentive to track the evolving market price for that particular game. I think I purchased PJ:RS2 (PAL) & Cannon Spike (US) before 5 years approximately. I think the price range was about 40-50 quid at the time, I managed to snatch them at around 30 after many years of chasing a better price. A 8-10x price increase in that time period is just crazier than Crazy Taxi. I should have bought 3 copies of each!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:40 pm

I bought Project Justice brand new in 2001, I couldn't get my friends to play it with me at the time, they thought it was back level in terms of graphics and otherwise just an odd unappealing concept for a fighting game :lol: I played it to death single player back then, its been interesting to see it become a hidden gem and a $$$ game. I think its fantastic.

Caspian
core

Post#5 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:30 am

I don't know, I can understand why it could feel like a weird fruit back in the days. However the fighting genre was overcrowded for the dreamcast and this game offered something different from a lot of points of view. The graphics were different, the mechanics were different (the game shines in multi-player mode), the feeling was different. What point was there to offer more of the same?

Anyway, not all dreamcast games explode in value. This mainly happens to quality games that were printed in low volumes for one reason or the other. The fact that PJ:RS2 is amongst them is a clear indicator that this game is a gem. Underappreciated maybe, but still a gem.