What Is Your Most Wanted Online Dreamcast Game You Would Like To See Back Online?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
George_Tilapia
shadow

Re: What Is Your Most Wanted Online Dreamcast Game You Would Like To See Back Online?

Post#21 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:02 am

spinksy wrote:Power stone 2 is my dream online game!

also I know this is almost impossible I imagine but Half Life online would be amazing!!!!

Same. From what I've read the Half Life port was supposed to have a 2nd disc dedicated to online: Half Life, Team Fortress Classic and Counter Strike. We keep seeing earlier builds of the single player but its unfortunate we haven't seen this 2nd disc surface.

Sleepsome
noob

Re: What Is Your Most Wanted Online Dreamcast Game You Would Like To See Back Online?

Post#22 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:47 pm

So, seems like Bomberman Online, Outtrigger and Propeller Arena is the most wanted ones?
--
Just some guy

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#23 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:16 pm

Sleepsome wrote:So, seems like Bomberman Online, Outtrigger and Propeller Arena is the most wanted ones?

Yes, I think those are the games people want online the most right now, and the games I see coming back online soon. Hopefully there all back online very soon :D
Last edited by Sonic1994DC on Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleepsome
noob

Post#24 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:34 pm

I just don't get the hype around Propeller Arena besides voice.. tested some yesterday and to be honest there must be like 50+ games that look and play better IMO.. I do get the (not back) online features restored for preservation and voice chat etc but AFO kind of beat it to the punch (if its similar as in short recordings).

Now, Outtrigger is a stunning looking game albeit with some caveats like such small stages. I'd be less surprised if F355 Challenge and Daytona USA was higher up on this list and maybe sum KDDI/Dricas games too.

But bomberman online - yeah, that'd be cool. Unfortunately I dont know anything about how that games does the online part (but I do know some about the 2 aforementioned AM2 games, as should anyone using a emulator with realtime debugging/stracing/sprintf's ..
--
Just some guy

pizzahotline
shadow

Post#25 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:46 pm

I would love to see Outtrigger. It's such an underrated game, I think that's mainly down to the fact that it's only worth playing with a keyboard and mouse and most people have probably just played it with a controller.

I really think that if Outtrigger came back online then loads of people would play it regularly like we see every week with quake.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#26 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:59 pm

pizzahotline wrote:I would love to see Outtrigger. It's such an underrated game, I think that's mainly down to the fact that it's only worth playing with a keyboard and mouse and most people have probably just played it with a controller.

I really think that if Outtrigger came back online then loads of people would play it regularly like we see every week with quake.

I play with the controller and it works good. Most of the stages are box like so there's not a lot of places where you can hide. Its fast pace and you have to keep on moving if you don't want to die. It's arcadey too and doesn't take a lot of skill's to be good. I'm deadly with that rocket launcher. Besides Bomberman Online, this is one of my most wanted games back online. I would say I would want this game back online first then Bomberman Online

cypressRU
lithium

Post#27 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:48 pm

I really can't wait for some fighting games to get support.. any of them haha

moon.sarito1
undertow

Post#28 » Sun May 21, 2023 11:22 pm

Any news about Bomberman Online ?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#29 » Sun May 21, 2023 11:27 pm

moon.sarito1 wrote:Any news about Bomberman Online ?

Not yet sadly. :cry: I really want to play that game online as well as many others. Will be lucky if that game comes back online this year, still hoping it does.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#30 » Mon May 22, 2023 9:46 pm

I can try connecting to the servers in the mean time. One day all these games will be back online to play :D

C5F89202-8A3B-4E4E-AAE4-6CEFB66FC048.jpeg

8D8D4FB0-0690-4714-8D42-FB1D49ABE094.jpeg

DDA33ECD-377A-4245-8D2F-8C36B4EB5419.jpeg

798902C7-7BBC-4D4B-B9A7-8DCAE2F660F0.jpeg