do not pirate indie Dreamcast games Support our dev's in the scene!!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
krovellium
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena
PSO
ChuChu Rocket
Worms World Party
Internet Game Pack

Re: do not pirate indie Dreamcast games Support our dev's in the scene!!

Post by krovellium »

marchegiano wrote: This thread is super egalitarian and not in the least bit elitist or judgmental.
using big words doesn’t make u smart u kno
anyways pirating from indie devs who are still actively making games is morally wrong, and also legally wrong (that doesn’t matter as much tho) ;)
devs need to keep the lights on, and pirating those games makes it 10 times harder to do what they love to do.
we’re of course ridiculing moefoh because he
1: does all the things i mentioned earlier
2: tried to make ian look bad by changing his name on a dc pirating website to “ian michael” and
3. sharing links to the aforementioned website
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

marchegiano wrote:I've spoken with Gator, he said he'll make his own account so it's not confusing and come speak with you guys directly. We do often just log into one another's accounts so he has read this thread.

That said, I'm little shocked the only person in here who seems to have any form of dissenting opinion in anyway is being ridiculed like you're all school children. Moe didn't even go after the sentiment of the thread he just pointed out a suspect account and pressed. Is that really such an awful thing to do?

If people watched Gator and my own log times I'd understand them thinking we're one person. He logs into my account here loads, I log into his account there from time to time as well. I upload stuff to his megas heaps. Because no one here is going to much care about a NES to DC port, you can all do it. So when I make one I upload it to Gator's megas and he makes a thread when he sees it. We share, we're all up in one another's stuff and times would show that.

Log time wise it'd look like one guy but we're not. So, I understand Moe's suspicions and I think most of you guys are defending Ian on credit. I understand that too, I believe Ian because his word is good enough for me but I'm not going to sit here and watch a bunch of grown ass men pretend like what Moe said was stupid. It wasn't stupid, log times are suspect as hell and if I didn't have any background knowledge of Ian I wouldn't believe Ian. Same for me, if I was you reading me talk about some mysterious brother and had no other interaction with me prior I'd call BS because the log times are suspect.

This thread is super egalitarian and not in the least bit elitist or judgmental.

This was my topic he came in acusing me of something i did not do to what end and for what.. this was for dont pirate indie games i just had one of my freinds quite the scene over it .. That was the point of the video..

Pretty silly I have never been on that site. I have no need to get any games i worked on lot of them have pre builds for testing and have never needed to download any indie game.. I could just ask the dev you be sure i know them anf they send me a build to test..

Just even a silly thought there are clones of people with my name it has been around since 2004 and i have had this many times so has many of us..
He flat out accused me that's not ok it's not me i dont have any need of any rom's site..

all he proved was he is member of your brother site and that your brother thinks he is robin hood I'm sorry doing what there is only about 10 dev's in the whole dc scene where only talking about current for sale indie games .. That's what we trying to stop being pirated..

People are not treating anyone bad they see the facts it was posted

I could careless about retail dead games where money does not go to sega or the og dev..
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Well this thread has gone off the rails. I think it's served its purpose. Please keep it civil guys. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. A good guideline to follow for posting on the forum.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live