Are there Gameshark codes for new games?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
galaxygod
core

Are there Gameshark codes for new games?

Post by galaxygod »

This is just something that popped into my head over the weekend, I’ve never used the Dreamcast gameshark but I just got one and I was just curious if the new indie games that come out like xenocider or intrepid Izzy could have gameshark codes for them too or if they can only use the codes that come on the cd? Either way I’m just a little curious about how it all works!
dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Are there Gameshark codes for new games?

Post by dark »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it not possible to use gameshark with MIL CD games, such as CDR copies of commercial games? Like the MIL CD game will reset the console in order to boot up and the GS code won't be in memory to be used in the game anymore?

If that's right, then it kinda precludes making GS codes for all indie/homebrew games.
Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Re: Are there Gameshark codes for new games?

Post by Nico0020 »

Codebreaker codes should be possible, as there is a hacked version that uses a bootloader to allow it to boot non-GDR games. I've always wanted to see a newly updated VMU save with codes for lots of the homebrew/indie games out there. It's always fun to just mess around with codes in games.