Dreamcast System / FlashROM information disc ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
chôkai
shadow

Dreamcast System / FlashROM information disc ?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 am

Does anyone know if there is an app or disc that outputs the system information of the Dreamcast ?
Like Bios version, hardware revision etc, meaning all relevant flash ROM information ?

TapamN
letterbomb

Re: Dreamcast System / FlashROM information disc ?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:53 pm

I don't know about the BIOS ROM, but for the flash, I wrote something that shows its contents (manufacture records, region settings, play records) a while ago. I uploaded the source here. I could compile it into a 1ST_READ.BIN if you need me to. I think the most recent version of the 240p Test Suite now displays some of that information as well (just the manufacture data?).

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#3 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:40 pm

chôkai wrote:Does anyone know if there is an app or disc that outputs the system information of the Dreamcast ?
Like Bios version, hardware revision etc, meaning all relevant flash ROM information ?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15673
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

chôkai
shadow

Post#4 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:05 am

Many thanks both of you. The 240p Test Suite was exactly what I was looking for. It even calculates the checksum of the bios and tells if its an original or region free. Pretty neat stuff :)
Attachments
FlashROMData.jpg